1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronoun

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Liz Hope, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Liz Hope

Hi,

I remember being misgendered for a girl a lot before, i had long hair and gender neutral clothes, and i somewhat mind a bit. Does it have any impact on what i feel now? I don't know how i feel about being called by a female pronoun. A girl at a party asked me what she should called me if she wanted to tell me i was beautifull (i'm belgian so words have gender in them : beautifull is masc. ►Beau and fem. ►Belle) and i said i don't know try with a female pronoun and i felt ok with it, it sticked to my head but i wasn't over the moon about it either.

2. SecretLilCj21

It doesn't seem like that would have a lot of impact, but there is always the possibility that you just go used to it and now you're okay with it. Wanting to go by a different pronoun doesn't exactly mean you are trans*. Also, have you ever thought of using they/them pronouns? Perhaps, that is what you're looking for, though, I don't know if you have words that would even work for that. Do you like going by masc pronouns? Or are you bothered by them?