1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Chest Dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by blxrryfxce, Aug 9, 2016.

1. blxrryfxce

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So here's my situation. I'm out as gay/lesbian because I know 100% that I'm attracted to women alone. It's great that I've finally come to terms with this. My only problem is that I don't really feel 100% comfortable as a female?

Now, I know I'm not transgender. I've always been a major tomboy, but I have no desire to actually be a guy, if that makes any sense. However, there's certain things I hate about my body, like my chest for example. I've never really minded being misgendered either because I consider myself androgynous. That's a fact that I've never told anyone because I don't feel like my gender expression needs to be shared with anyone.

I still live under my parents' roof, and I feel like they'd freak out if I told them that I wanted a binder. Hell, if I told them about any of this gender questioning stuff they'd still freak out. They're way more supportive with my sexuality than I expected them to be, but I can tell they don't really approve of being transgender. Weird, huh? :confused:

My main question here is, would it be strange for me to bind/get top surgery someday? I've hated my chest for as long as I can remember, and it's only getting worse as I grow older and find myself more. Any advice?

Also worth noting: I really like they/them pronouns, more than he/him. Any ideas as to what this all could be? I kinda feel like I'm still holding back the real me because of my transphobic parents.

(Sorry if this is a lot).

2. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are plenty of non-binary/androgynous/gender-nonconforming people who choose to bind and/or get top surgery. Not weird at all. If having a masculine chest would make you more comfortable in your own skin, then go for it. Gender expression is completely up to you and it's all about what makes you feel the most comfortable.

3. Space Cat

This.

As for your second question, have you considered the possibility that you might be genderqueer? (You mentioned that you feel androgynous, so you may have in fact already thought about it, but I'm curious.) There are many people who don't identify as either male or female, including myself. I would suggest reading more on the topic to see if one of those descriptions fits you. Good luck! ^^