1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you bind with a small chest?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wishyouwerehere, Aug 12, 2016.

1. wishyouwerehere

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It seems like something you'd do if you had a larger chest. I'm only an A cup, but I'm looking for something to try anyway. Or should I wear a sports bra or a tank top instead?

2. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    With an A cup, you might not need a proper binder to bind simply because there isn't a whole lot of tissue. I would suggest looking up alternate methods like rolling up a tight camisole tank top or maybe even tape. Whatever you do, make sure it's safe. Good luck!

3. Delta

You may not "need" to bind, but you most definitely can. You'll have an easier time of it, too, in my opinion. GC2B is a good one to try, they'll exchange for free if you get the wrong size too.

4. thepandaboss

Oh absolutely. You can even get away with using a low impact sports binder/bra if you'd like to. I used to be in your boat (boy, do I miss that). Layering can be helpful too. It's about your comfort, not whether you "deserve" to bind or not.

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Don't use tape. Ever. No matter the size of your chest. You need something that moves with your body as you breathe, tape doesn't. You will hurt yourself.

If you are younger, like teens, I would say don't use a binder just yet because your ribs can still be a little malleable and you could end up with some disfigurement. A sports bra, bandeau, or unlined bra/bralette can work just as well. You can totally use a binder if you want to. I'm an A/B cup (probably more like AA but nobody actually makes AA) and I bind. I can pass without a binder though. I've even had friends ask like 'are you okay with your binder?' when we've been out for a while or are going to karaoke, but I'm not even wearing one at the time!

It's up to you!