1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Pronouns + Repercussions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by galaxygia, Aug 12, 2016.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm scared. Maybe not for any good reason but right now I'm quaking to my bones.

I just asked two of my closest friends to call me by they/them pronouns and telling them didn't really bother me, but it's what will come after that scares the hell out of me. I'm frightened to tell my other friends. It's unthinkable for me to tell my parents.

I don't even really know who or what I am. I'm just scared and I want to sit in a corner and cry. I'm scared that my other friends won't accept me or understand or respect me. I know that if they don't they're not worth having as friends, but I've known some of them for almost nine years... It's hard letting people go like that and it's even harder changing everything they know about you in one foul swoop.

I don't really know what I'm asking for. I guess I'm just venting. But I'm terrified. :help:

2. Ikhetmeije

I understand what your going through, a lot of us on here do. Being a teen youre meant to be confused about stuff, these are the years of self-discovery. It hard and terrifing, I understand but you will sort it out with time. Eventually you will build up the cougress to do what is unthinkible right now and come out to your parents. Your might lose your longest friendships and that ok (you know that) because you will build up new and better friendships and relationships that will last longer then your old ones.

Im just trying to conformt you and tell you that we're all here for you.

3. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for reassuring me. I know that some people will not be accepting and I may need to teach some of my friends about my identity. It's just hard to say the words sometimes. Thank you so much for the advice :slight_smile: