1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Counsellor?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BanditWings, Aug 15, 2016.

1. BanditWings

Salutations!
    So I've been frantically Googling this way and that, but I haven't been able to find anything on gender therapy and the like near me. Today our school counsellor gave a speech about how we could go to her with any problem; would it be crazy to come out to her and ask for advice?

Thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that's probably better than nothing. If she seems nice, you trust her, and your school/town is pretty trans friendly, I'd say go for it! And if she is rude or unaccepting don't let it get you down. We are all here for you. Stay safe, and good luck!!

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my form tutor and she referred me to the school counsellor so I'd say go for it!

4. BenFreeman

Use your intuition when you speak to her to see if she is ok with the subject before you go go telling her your personal stuff...
    My conversation went something like "so what do you think of gay kids...?"
    If you notice any eye twitches, horrified expressions or blank stares...beware...lol I am just kidding....but seriouslya person's body language can tell you everything.
    best wishes

5. NoXsOrOs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My old elementary school counselor would allow me to leave class and cry on her lap. Trust me, some of the councilors are the nicest people you will ever meet. However not everyone, still its worth a shot. Good luck! (*hug*)

6. PhantomLK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When my mom first found out, she sent me straight to the counsellor within days of going back to school. I was so anxiety-driven, but I ended up going through with it. My mom had a meeting with her too and, y'know what? Everything turned out fine in the end. True my counsellor was very understanding, but we both found out a lot. ((It turned out there were other trans kids in the school without me even knowing about it!)) She even gave my mom a recommendation to a doctor/psychiatrist.

This may not be the case for you, but keep your chin up! I'm sure you'll make it through! That's what they're there for, after all.

My best wishes to you!

#6 PhantomLK, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016