1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM fitness advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to put on some muscle, because I am quite scrawny and flabby in between. Being AFAB and 18 years old, I'm 5'5 and 125lb. Also notable, I'm vegetarian/mostly vegan.

I don't have the means to go to a gym and while I was swimming a lot, the pool closed for the season. I do have free weights though.

Any suggestions as to where I should start, or good tips and resources?

Thank you in advance.

2. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
  3. LeticiaTheLesbo

Lift! Lifting will help bulk you up!

4. lawlight

Pushups, both bicep (hands by your sides, fingers facing forward, elbows bending backwatds), and tricep (hands forming a triangle, elbows going outward). Make sure you aren't arching your back when you do them, try to keep it flat.

I find that doing a few reps (10? 15?)consistently works the best. Good luck!

5. exist

exist Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It might be good to see what exercise equipment you can get for at home... Anything that focuses on your arms or shoulders would probably be good to give you a T shape. It depends what kind of muscle you want too... lean or bulky.

Here is a link I found from googling, because this stuff interests me too :slight_smile: Although I don't exercise that much >< This one seems good, because it gives you advice based on body type:
    How to build a masculine physique | FTM Fitness World (guess I am an Ectomorph, sounds like an alien creature :lol:slight_smile:

Also if you're mostly vegan, pea protein powder is good too :slight_smile: :smilewave