1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out soon...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's only one person in my life that I've told on this planet and that's a friend that lives in another county. And I did it by text. Next weekend, I tell my brother and it becomes very, very real.

I'm less consumed by this than I have been. Less consumed by the obsession. It's starting to bed in and feel normal to me. Which is hugely relieving. I get my dysphoric moments and it isn't far away from my thoughts but I feel less panicked by it. That doesn't mean that telling my brother doesn't freak me out, because it does. I'm not going to lead up to it with some preamble, I'm just going to come out with it. That should keep the anxiety at bay.

These are some landmark moments for me though. After telling my brother, I'll be telling the rest of my family. I have to. I'm not sure if I want them to start using my new name yet. I've also found a new hobby that is very labour intensive which is great because it makes me happy to be exerting myself. The last thing I want to do is expose myself and add to the depression, so keeping myself busy is important to me.

I don't have many friends either so coming out is going to be fairly straightforward.

2. SystemGlitch

Good luck! I hope it goes well. (&&&)

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so excited for you. It may seem scary, but becoming "real" is a good thing. That means this isn't just a fantasy in your head, this is HAPPENING. You can finally start your life. Even if it doesn't go 100% perfect you'll feel better having it out there. Secrets suck.

4. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks brothers.

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a huge step, man. I wish you all the best and am holding my breath in anticipation for you. I hope it goes over well with your brother.

I remember I came out to my brother first too, and I almost threw up from nerves. But, and I don't know how you're going about it, what I did was tell him and then show a video about what it means to be trans by Chase Ross on Youtube. This gave me time to collect myself to answer his questions after. With my parents I did a letter, but that was an entirely different dynamic.

Anyway, this is finally happening, yeah?

6. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm real excited for you. Good luck man (*hug*)

7. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Guys, I came out to my friend face to face last night. Her reaction was great, it was relieving. Considering we had a sexual relationship a few years ago, she took it better than I expected. But yeah, I'm telling my brother on Saturday. And I have a job interview on Friday so my guts are doing backflips.

8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is awesome. Great news to have another supporter. You've got this Kal.

9. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    My brother was so cool about it! He'd figured it out in his head anyway but he was happy for me! It was just the reaction I needed from family. No stunned silence or whatever, just pure happiness and acceptance.

10. SystemGlitch

Really glad everything is working out good so far! Hopefully won't be long until you're able to completely be yourself and enjoy your freedom. :grin: Good luck with the job interview too.

11. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Cheers, I feel less anxious about everything. I hope my mum reacts in the same way when I pluck up the courage to tell her. I had the job interview, I think I smashed it but the job seems so boring. More money and It'll only be short term. But we'll see if I got it.