1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dysphoria aides (ftm)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by drewpatrick, Aug 26, 2016.

1. drewpatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    basically, now that im out at school, i see the counselor if i need anything trans related or if anyones bothering me about it. but i was in his office yesterday and i asked if i passed. he told me no. and this is totally overreacting of me, but ever since then ive been reallllly dysphoric. being out at school already isnt helping and i feel like shit.

anyone have any advice for how to deal with dysphoria?

2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can I ask you a few questions? Is this the first time you asked him if you passed? Were you prepared to hear a "no" as his answer? Why is it an overreaction on your part to be in distress now?

3. drewpatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah it was the first time, it was also the first time i met him. we had been talking for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. i was prepared but most people tell me that i pass (my mom, all of my friends, etc). and i believe im overreacting because he probably didnt mean anything negative by it, he was just saying what he thought.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

See it as something postitive: Next time ask what gavr you away and fix it, you'll feel so much better. Maybe do some voice training or get another hairstyle. There are also some shorts that make your shoulders look broader, you will definetly come across some of them if you're new to the men's section.

5. ThatOneAlien

Yeah I was gonna say what anthracite said: ask him specifically what he thinks the issue is. BUT only if you think you can handle it. It is possible that it is something you can't do anything about right now (face shape, etc.) and that may make you more dysphoric. But seeing as how you're only 14, it probably won't be an issue.

As far as general dealing with dysphoria tips, I mainly do things I enjoy to try and distract myself. I'm pre-everything and out in school (college) as well, and it is pretty difficult. But I'm still happier than I was before I was able to be myself. Try to hold on to that and not think about it too much. And be careful about comparing yourself to other guys, nothing starts dysphoria like that. For me at least.