1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A word to my trans* brothers.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep your chin up and know that you, my brother, are an awesome guy. I have a few words to say to you. Words that I have to remind myself too often when I look in that mirror and have nasty things to say.

Don't pretend you haven't done it. You look at your body and hate it. You try to run but you can't. When people call you a girl, condescend you, or just don't understand, it boils under your skin and threatens to suffocate you.

But it won't.

No, it won't. Because you and I are getting through this. Because we are stronger than all the bullshit being thrown at us. Do not let what others think and say dictate your state of mind. The only person you need to worry about right now is you. Learn, for once, to love yourself. You don't need T to do that. You don't need top surgery or bottom surgery to do that. You don't need a binder or a packer or masculine clothing or a haircut to do that. Self love is here and now. You're a guy, now. You are just as worthy of love and respect as anyone else.

The first day of living doesn't need to begin at that point you've set for yourself. It can happen now. Life will go on as it always does. So don't wait. When I look around here at EC, I see a lot of pain that looks so like my own. But you know what I also see? Kindness, and so many beautiful, valuable lives behind that pain. Don't give up on yourself. There is so much life beyond this.

Sometimes we fail to see it and sometimes we beat ourselves up to a bloody pulp, but please, don't. Lower your fist and breathe. Open your eyes and look at how far you've come. That man in the mirror is worth living for.

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I fully support you all x

3. I'm_Danni_x

Wow, this was beautiful and well articulated. I'm not trans but I think I'm going to cry. I've experienced dysphoria before and it was horrendous and suffocating. To imagine you guys having to experience it 24/7 is unbelievable. You are all strong, we can get through this together. It hurts to see so many people going through so much pain to be their authentic self.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

That's a very nice post. To add: In our hearts, we are hunters and warriors. Boys don't cry. They fix the shit. And we are real men. There is no obstacle that can stop us.

5. I'm_Danni_x

Boys can cry, before, during and after an event. It doesn't invalidate their masculinity at all. Crying is a natural human response to pain, anger and suffering which everyone has a right to express and in which everyone does need to express. Tears don't care whether you are male or female. Heck, when a classmate had died everyone - including the alpha males - were bawling.

#5 I'm_Danni_x, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. MulticoloredSox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much for the sweet post/pep talk, I really needed that :slight_smile:

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@Danni: Yes, if there is something unfixable terrible that happend. But the rest, yeah I'm kinda conservative about that.

9. StarlessSky

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Much love to my brothers. And to our supporters. It's such a huge thing we're going through and to remember that we are stronger together is extremely important. And to remember we are strong men is a great thought to have.

11. GayPugs

This is very inspirational and well-put! Chin up, there's always tomorrow, and while you may not be out or maybe your family, the people who you love most of all, don't use your pronouns or your name and maybe your big brother who you respect and who is your role-model says your identity is a phase or that you just want attention but no matter what you will always be who you are, you can be anything you want to be! You don't have to have short hair and boys clothing to do it!

12. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ahh man..
    I.. don't know what to say..
    .. <3

13. RyeTheDauphin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Holy fuck. Thank you. I really needed to hear this. Just...thank you.