1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gc2b binders: exchanging and sizing questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pistachio, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Brief recap, I finally asked my mom to help me order a binder, and she did, but it came and it was much too small (it was size XS and I couldn't even get it on). I am soon going to be going through the process of exchanging it and I am petrified of the same thing happening again. And of the process as a whole.
    Today I retook my chest and shoulder measurements for like the fifth time, and ended up with-
    Shoulders- 15"
    Chest- 31-32"
    Size- small? According to the chart?
    Which.. Was about an inch smaller than I thought for /both/.. I don't know which time I measured incorrectly (because I don't think I've magically shrunk) but I am horribly nervous to order the incorrect size /a second time/. I have had anxiety issues in the past year, so that could be a contributor.. But I can barely even stand to think about trying to ask my mom to go through the exchange process with me, or the idea that I might get the wrong size again.. So much so that right now my heart clenched up weirdly and is pounding really hard and I'm trying not to cry out of fear or frustration. I really need this and I can't have it go wrong a second time..
    Bleh, I'm sorry.. This turned into a bit of a vent..
    What I'm really asking for is some knowledge about how different gc2b sizes are apart.. And will I fit well in a small with 15" shoulders and a 31" chest?? Or would a medium work better? And.. how do I stay calm throughout this? Also, for anyone that has ever had to exchange a gc2b binder, advice on how to do so? The website has some info on it but it's a lot to process. Sorry if this is really incoherent. I'm just stressed. If anyone bothered to read through this and has some wisdom I would really appreciate it.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know about the exchange process but you sound like you're about my size and I have a small and it fits great.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I ordered the wrong sizes from gc2b as well, it sucks. My chest circumference was somewhere about 38 I think, which is right on the border between small and medium. So, the idiot that I was, I got one in an xs and another in small. When they got here i out the small on and I COULD get it on, but it still felt too tight. I didn't even bother trying on xs cos I new it wouldn't fit. Round two I ordered a small and a medium, this time in the full length style because I got told by the gc2b people that it works better for bigger chested guys like myself. And so now I have them and they're great, definitely more effective than the half length too. However, I'd say the medium size fits me most accurately, but a size up from that I'm sure would be just as good or better. So if you're on the border between sizes, definitely go up a size, or even two. Hope it goes well and you get the right one brother :slight_smile:

4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've exchanged my XXS for an XS and then I brought a small which ended up being my size. My chest is around 32 inches and my shoulders are 37 inches (measured the entire way around) - I couldn't get the XS on at all either and although the small feels a bit big it binds really well for me. I think it should do the trick for you too, medium is lilely to definitely be too big.

About the exchange, I first emailed them to see what I'd need to do and they told me to parcel up the binder and include a note with what was wrong with it, my name, address and the size of the new binder I wanted. The only thing you pay for is the shipping to send the binder back. This was over a year ago though so I might have missed something, I'd recommend emailing them. They have good customer service and they're there to help you so they don't have a problem with you asking questions.

5. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alright, thanks a bunch you guys :slight_smile: I think I'll go with a small, then. And thank you for the exchange advice Isaac, I might email them to make sure nothing's changed.