1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's a cute haircut?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Foxfeather, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've decided to toss all labels out the door. Butch, futch, femme, none of it applies to me and I'll be happier being myself.

That said . . . I'm really not sure what to do with my hair! I've had it very very short and rather long (past shoulder length, to below my breasts).

What short hairstyles do you personally find attractive or cute on women? And in general, I'm just curious, do you prefer femmes or butches?

Be as detailed as you'd like--there's no judging what you love here!

2. AmyBee

I tend to like soft butches/tomboy types, but not exclusively. So I love like short hair of almost any kind. Pixie cuts, moptops or whatever. Short haired women in kind of boyish/androgynous looks get my attention first. But then it's like the cliche-- it depends on the person. A head of really lush, long hair that can whip around and smack you in the face like a fist? Especially in a hime cut? WOW.

Oh, and for cute femme... the Amelie bob.

#2 AmyBee, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Look at Beck Hollday. She's so damn hot.

4. LeticiaTheLesbo

It all depends on your other facial features

5. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a fan of a pixie or short bob. Neat and professional or a little messy and playful. I suppose that could fall under tomboyish...

Honestly the only hair style I don't like is the shaved sides thing. To me a good portion of the women with it, can't pull it off. Maybe one out of twenty in my opinion.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely prefer long hair on a woman. But, pixie cuts are very cute! I also prefer women to be both masculine and feminine. It's so sexy to me to see a woman who prefers the male role (making the most money, being protective, taking charge in bed, etc.), but looks like a woman. I guess, if I had to put a label on my preference, I'd say that I prefer someone who is a tomboy but also dresses like a woman some days. I couldn't be with a full butch. I've been with one before and it was so complicated. I also can't be with someone who is too feminine. I feel somewhat threatened since I'm a lady, lmao! XD

7. butchmyhair4luv

Year ago I had very thick long curly hair down to my hips and my new life partner at the time gave me a very slow, transforming loving haircut that helped me out of the closet. She had cut it inch by inch until it was trimmed to the collar and then she cropped it very short like a pixie and then buzzed the back to 3/4 of an inch leaving the top longer and she had buzzed my sides short. She took 4 hrs to cut it all washing it, blowing my hair out and making the haircut very sensual. Playing with my hair while cutting she was dressed in very sexy lingerie as my hair slowly dropped all over my body. When she started the buzzer she stopped it several times to make me feel my cut hair or as she referred to my hair as her silk. She was messaging my neck and licking and blowing into my earlobes as my hair was dropping off my head. Telling me it was coming off and going to be nice and short when she was done. I had just melted when she did this. It was the start of a beautiful relationship.To this day she has all my trimmed hair in a keepsake container with the date on it. We had a ten year relationship and parted and my hair is now very long again and I would welcome to find another partner that would like me to have short hair again and would cherish giving me that special haircut.

#7 butchmyhair4luv, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  8. MisterMissy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always loved pixie cuts. As I've come to discover, I like a sense of masculinity in all people. So I've always liked tomboy girls best, both when I considered myself straight, and now that I think of myself as Androsexual. I wouldn't say I like butch, though, cause I still like some softness and sensuality in a person, which the word "butch" never sounded like it included.

Anyways, I guess I prefer short cuts because I feel like long hair gets in the way and seems awkward. Gets kinda caught in places and stuck on things. If the long hair is up in a bun or a curl, or even a braid or ponytail, that's a different thing. But at some point that hair will be let loose and free because you have to at some point, and then you have long hair again. So short cuts between a manly spiked look, and hair just past the shoulders is cool with me, on both women and men.

#8 MisterMissy, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  9. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to be redundant and go with the pixie cut. It is actually very versatile and every hairdresser does it differently, so you need to tell them what you want. You can have a longer kind of "shaggier" cut, or one that is like a buzzcut, or a bob.

That is kind of the base haircut I get, and then I have the hairdresser tweak it to my preferences. I like pretty short hair, but not to the point of a military look. Having sensory issues makes me picky about my hair. I do it more for comfort than style, though I don't want to look like an egg head either! :lol:

Seriously, try a pixie and then tweak it. I find that going slow is best. Don't chop your hair off all at once. Have the hairdresser go by degrees until you like what you have. I find it can be a very flattering cut, especially for tomboys/soft butches.

Just some ideas,

Sebby45

#9 Sebby45, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017