1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding?!??!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Airisofparis, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Airisofparis

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so I don't have a binder and need to know how to bind. I'm pretty sure I'm genderflux/genderfluid but I want to have a flat chest and don't have the money for binders. I would say I have bigger boobs and I have crappy sports bras so I'm having some trouble binding with them. Where can I find good binding stuff for cheap? Any advice?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you can't afford a binder, then sports bras are your best bet. Ace bandages, KT tape, waist trimmers and the like are dangerous and not safe to use.

3. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    AliExpress and Amazon have a style of binder from an Asian company that you can get really cheap (Around $10). I used these before I could afford a gc2b binder. They aren't the most comfortable and I've heard mixed opinions on their safety, but they're definitely safer than Ace bandages and they'll probably get you a little flatter than sports bras if you have a larger chest. But, like AJ said, sports bras are a safe bet, too. I would recommend wearing two: one the normal way and one backwards over it, if you're going that route.

Here's the links for the AliExpress binders I mentioned

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Les..._7&btsid=b29a9cc0-78a8-4ab7-8cd9-7737ff4a1a49

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Les..._7&btsid=b29a9cc0-78a8-4ab7-8cd9-7737ff4a1a49

#3 Austin226, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had to buy some cheap Amazon/eBay binders recently and I wouldn't recommend them at all. As soon as I put them on I was having trouble breathing, I imagine it'd be a lot worse for people with bigger chests. I'd say either save up a couple quid a week for an Underworks or GC2B or ask a parent if they can get you a new sports bra and find one that compresses well. I think a couple threads back there was a post about someone that wears those dance top compressers and they are meant to bind a lot better than a sports bra plus they're designed to let you move and breathe so checking that out might be an idea.

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Those aren't safe, they're too restrictive. Lots of people get hurt by those.

6. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    They're actually quite cheap. Sports bras are also perfect.

7. August Silver

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After being in terrible pain after making the mistake of a too small sports bra I got a binder from T-Kingdom and it has been a lifesaver. I realise this is not the ultra cheap option you're looking for but unfortunately if you want to be able to breathe properly and be safe it's worth saving money to get a decent binder. Mine doesn't flatten quite as much as I'd like it to, but it's still a huge difference in confidence and hey, I can breathe and my ribs are in one piece...

8. bjanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would invest in some good sports bras, and I think other people have given companies that sell good binders. I think saving up money to get 1 or 2 binders is a good idea, since it's something very important to you. But please be careful if using a binder, that you don't wear it for too long or buy one that's too tight for you because it can hurt you. I personally haven't ever binded but I know people who have and do, and they always have said to be careful you don't wear it for longer than you're supposed to.