1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What in the flipper flop can I be?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Timidus, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Timidus

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello I'm Timidus and well..Kinda confused on what I'd prefer to be called as. I am biologically female though I believe myself to be male. Depending on my mood and what I'm doing, I dress more feminine or masculine to my hearts desire, though I mostly lean to more masculine looks.
    My gender prefernece for others as of relationships are female due to a few triggers I currently have and what I've experienced from the opposite gender.
    Over the years I've always felt like the inner side of me was male, having been dressed as a little kid to look more feminine and to make it worse, to look somewhat alike with my sibling (a sister, mind you.).
    Having felt like a black sheep, I mostly kept to myself as I grew up, gathering a few close friends.
    A birthday twin of mine, at one point suggest I may be genderfluid or genderqueer, I don't remember what she had said, it was a months ago.
    I have done some research on my own, finding nothing that I really could relate to.
    My current thoughts on sexual interest have been..slightly not alright? Having both a promiscuous mother and sister, I'd rather not follow in their footsteps. And also having seen a few things from my mother, I certainly do not want a sexual relationship, rather more an emotional one.
    And having a couple of boyfriends in the past, just didn't really go to well or to my liking.

Thank you all those whom have read and to those that help me identify as whatever gender expression would best be suitable for me.

2. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just so you know, sexual interst/orientation has nothing to do with gender.

What is it about genderqueer you disagree with?

3. Timidus

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well at the the time, I didn't disagree with it. It just didn't seem to fit probably having due to not knowing what it ment. But now I'm just uncertian.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You say you believe yourself to be male and that the inner side of you is male. Do you think you might be a trans man?

My main advice in figuring out your gender is to do what's comfortable and then find a word to describe it. If you can't find a label right off the bat, don't worry about it. Dress how you want, try different names and pronouns and see how it feels, trying binding and/or packing, and figure out what makes you feel more comfortable. Figuring out what you need to do to make yourself happy is much more important than having a label right away.

5. Timidus

Out Status:
    Some people
    Possibly..I have thought about it some, and that may be the right choice.

But thank you very much for your words of wisedom. They are quite helpful.