1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought my first female clothing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by aussielefty, Sep 3, 2016.

1. aussielefty

I think I'm slowly coming to grips with being gay , accepting myself , my sexuality and now starting to want to express that a little at a time
    Bought a women's $5 sports bra just to try it out and some plane unidies.
    might be a bit tight, 10-12 think i need around 16 and over..

I was at our local supermarket and I was a little nervous , anxious and kind of scared that some one would ask why I was buying this ..
    I also bought some clear nail polish with strengthening , hoping it will help for my guitar playing too (acustic) ..

thinking about a skirt ,but too scared to buy that some where.

when I was a kid living on the farm, my parents would go away to our holiday unit
    and I'd stay home looking after the farm.. I'd run around in my mums clothing , ie dresses, felt so good, she never saw me in them but I think she'd known I'd wear them from time to time
    think I need bigger sizes, I ,know my boobs aren't real big smallish id say , no idea how to measure my self ??
    it felt really nice actually puttin on the bra,despite being a bit tight....

2. SystemGlitch

Congratulations! It's a bit daunting buying clothing that you don't normally buy, so it's awesome that you went out and did it! I'm glad you enjoy it too. :slight_smile:

I haven't measured for a bra since I was 14, so I did a quick google search and found this:

That should help give you a starting point for standard bras. :slight_smile: And don't worry too much about how you might look buying women's clothing - most people will probably assume you're buying them for a female partner or relative, and if anyone questions you could say exactly that. My dad buys my mom skirts and dresses all the time, and as far as I know he's never had an issue with anyone bothering him (he's very vocal when he's annoyed, so I'm sure if someone harrassed him we'd have heard about it). Good luck and I hope you continue to have fun exploring yourself! :grin:

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I felt the same way when I started buying women's clothing, and sometimes still do. The more I do it, the more comfortable I feel with it.

4. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :astonished: Bro, check out thrift shops. It's where I donate all my girly clothes when I start to hate them! (I'm les)

5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

If you want a skirt, go get a skirt. You can always say it's for your "girlfriend". Same with nail polish.

6. aussielefty

its still nerve racking, and i have social anxiety which is even hard for normal shopping

7. AmyBee

Well, I'm happy for you! Have fun discovering new styles and looks!

8. InFlux

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Magic, and so the journey begins. Fem clothes, I always use eBay, pretty much for everything, cheap too. All the flavours you can think of. x

9. aussielefty

I'm thinking about buying online clothing might be a little less stress full for me

10. AmyBee

Online shopping is definitely a way to go. Get yourself a tape measure and follow the sites' sizing charts. I've probably missed my size that way three or four times out of hundreds and hundreds of orders and at least one of those was shoes. There was one dress from Forever 21 I couldn't zip up no matter what and yet everything else I bought from there fit like a dream! So go for it!

11. Pi Fermat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just got my first female clothes. I was absolutely terrified of doing this. I was super fortunate to have amazing friends that pulled me alone despite my (figurative) kicking and screaming. Being the same size they were able to model clothes I quietly hinted at and try them for size. To everyone else, I was an unfortunate boyfriend being dragged around. I understand this will not be an option for most people, in which case online shopping is a good way to go. I totally understand that magical feeling. Keep it up!

#11 Pi Fermat, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016