1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rainbows~Exist, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Rainbows~Exist

I've had a lot of time to myself this summer, with that I've had a lot of time to think. If I can recall I have posted about issues regarding my gender identity before but I kind of talked myself into believing that I was just over thinking things.

Now, I'm a pretty effeminate guy; always have been, always will. I like inherently 'girly' things and tend to wear a lot of women's clothing. When I wear femine clothing I feel a sense of empowerment and confidence but most importantly, I feel comfortable, more so than when I'm wearing men's clothing. I'm not sure if it means anything but I'm just putting it out there. I also have the same attitude in regard to my body. I shave everything below my neck (I don't shave my arms as I'm afraid of being joked about by my family) because I hate having hair on my body and how masculine it makes me look and feel. I'm not too fond of the broadness of my chest and shoulders either :/ I'm attracted to the male body yes having one doesn't make me feel great. I wish I was curvier and more sleek like a woman. My face is already quite feminine but there are things I'd change about that too such as having a more petite nose and a more rounded jawline. I don't know if it means anything but I'm kinda indifferent towards my genitals. During intercourse I always take the more submissive role and quite frankly I don't care what I or the person I'm with does with my d***. To me it's just a fleshy appendage that's just swinging there and I couldn't care less if it was there or not.

I don't know. I see a woman and feel envious of the fact that I don't look like her, that I'm not her. I want to be more feminine but I'm terrified of my family's reception of the whole thing. I know that my brother won't accept me and that my grandparents would never speak to me again... I'm confident that my mother and father will love me all the same but you never know :frowning2: I feel as if there's a mental block in my mind that is preventing me from embracing who I truly am. These feeling's aren't always present but at night when I'm laying there in bed 90% of the time I think "I want to be a woman".

In regards to the transitioning process I believe I'd be comfortable in doing so. Hormones would be a definite, I'd like Facial Feminization surgery and I'd consider bottom surgery and breast implants.

I think the biggest doubt I have is knowing if this is something I need or something I want. If a genie came up to me and presented me with the choice to become a woman or remain a man I'd choose to be a woman in a heartbeat... but is that because I want to or need to?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any answers would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:
    It's nice knowing that EC will always be here for me when I have no one else to talk to (*hug*)

2. rainbowsun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can kind of relatw to a lot of what you wrote, I'm biologically female but wish I had a male body most/all of the time but I'm not sure whether I want to be male or whether I am...
    Coming from there, I'd advise you to talk about it to people you trust (my inbox would always be open for messages) and just give yourself time.
    Even though I'm still insecure about some things, I have found out in the last few months that I am a lot happier if I live my life as a male, but I don't know how I'll feel in the future so I've decided not to rush into HRT and/or mastectomy just yet even though there are moments when I very much want them
    I guess what I'm trying to say is just take your time to find out what makes you happy, don't worry about your family's reaction too much until you are more certain and know whether you want to transition.

3. flatlander48

R~E:

It does sound like you have some gender-related issues. However, I think a professional is needed to really begin to get a handle on things and help you sort out what you need to do in the future.

Humans are weird creatures in that self-delusion is always possible. It happens all the time. Have you ever seen someone who is seriously overweight, but the only concession that they make to reducing their caloric intake is diet soda instead of regular? Another thing that can happen is that we may overlook key pieces of information. It's like we sometimes select which information we want to consider and what we don't want to think about because it may be too painful. A professional can help wade through that and separate fact from fiction.

DeeAnn