1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arithmogendereds? Getting a Hold of my Genders

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by EthelAndEthan, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EthelAndEthan

Out Status:
    Some people
    Is anyone else here arithmogendered? I'm slightly synesthetic, so my numbers all have personalities and lives, and I identify with four of them.

8/Ethel - 8 is demigirl, with her/she pronouns. She's motherly, warm, and very accepting of all people and everything life throws at her. I really wish I could be 8 all the time. She's pretty close to the Caminus gender.

[​IMG]

(Caminus gender - A gender where one feels a strong warmth and a strong connection to multiple genders (at least two) or none at all and a strong identification with a feeling of warmth.The word caminus is Latin for oven, with metaphorically represents the feeling of warmth they feel inside.)

7/Ethan - 7 is male, with him/he pronouns. He's a very anxious gender, and feels sort of 20-something aged.

[​IMG]

5/Ethel - 5 is so freaking girly. And the more you use her her/she pronouns, the more giddy she gets. It's not the sum of who she is, but it's definitely a big part of it. She tends to be the more independent I-Can-Be-Anyone kind of person.

[​IMG]

9/Eth - Eth is agendered, with they/them or her/she pronouns. I don't like being Eth. Eth is bat-shit crazy and depressed, usually accompanied with panic attacks. I can have panic attacks as 7 and 5, but not 8. But with 9... they're almost mandatory.

[​IMG]

To end on a more cheerful note, here's 8 again.

[​IMG]

(Also, question! Can you be genderfluid between more than two genders, or is there a different term for that?)

2. SystemGlitch

The way that you detail these, they seem less like separate genders that you experience and more like different personalities/alters. Having a different gender doesn't mean having a different personality and life - gender reflects how you feel about yourself, your body, and how you are treated/seen by others in society (whether that is as male, female, androgyne, or something else). I'm not really sure how to help with your questions. I will say though that if being in these different states causes you stress (such as when you are 9/Eth) I'd really recommend talking to a therapist about it so that they can help you handle the feelings.

Genderfluid does mean shifting between two or more genders, so even if you shift between four genders, genderfluid is still an appropriate term you could use.

3. Cinis

Cinis Guest

By definition genderfluidity can happen between more than two genders and can go over all genders imaginable. Switching between two genders would generally be referred to as bigender.

Ok this is rude and i really feel doubtful about writing this...but: this is not tumblr.

Nice drawing skills though.

#3 Cinis, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're the one who has their gender down as 'dragon'. Also, do you know what synesthesia is? I don't have it and it's difficult to explain but basically it's where senses are joined. For example someone with synesthesia might see letters or numbers in colours. For example 3 might be green. That's what the person above is describing; the numbers that they see each have their own lives and the person identifies with some of these numbers. I think synesthesia is facinating and it seems like a really interesting way to see things.

5. EthelAndEthan

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you to you all for your comments. And thank you to Lacybi for your kind words. :slight_smile:

Edit - The artwork is NOT mine. I've found those on the web and they seemed to fit the numbers.

#5 EthelAndEthan, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  6. Synesthesia

That sounds more like ideasthesia than synesthesia I think since you're associating ideas and not merging senses.

Also it doesn't seem to have anything to do with gender really.

Another much less complex example of ideasthesia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouba/kiki_effect

Lol I forgot my username on this site was Synesthesia hah.

#6 Synesthesia, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  7. Cinis

Cinis Guest

Which does not mean that dragon is my gender. Although the question about dragons having genders would be fascinating in a nonsensical way.

I do know what synesthesia is actually. It...does not work this way. Other sensual experience and emotions? Yes. Genders with different personalities? Nope.

The problem i have with this particular thread (and i do apologize EthelandEthan you seem like a nice person and i don't want to attack you personally with this..which the nature of the post inevitably will) is that "arithmogender" is part of what tumblr knows as "xenogenders" ie genders that don't have anything to do with...gender (which is definitely a problem when calling it a gender). Examples are people seeing their gender as a mixture of say female and void. Or colors feelings time weather animals plants concepts etc. It is basically the crazy child of gender identity and otherkins...and that is something i find really problematic in terms of accepting it as a real gender.

#7 Cinis, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2016
  8. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone,

We respect everyone here. Unfortunately, as already pointed out, until now, this isn't supported by science, and there isn't any evidence from the scientific method that supports these views.

Thanks for the comprehension

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.