1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused gender expression for cis not straight woman

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dobby, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,
    I could use a little advice, it's no big deal, but i think change could make me happier

the feelings:

- I don't like my boobs, i've never wanted boobs, i wear sports bras to flatten their appearance

- I feel awkward in a dress, i feel to masculine to be in something so delicate, but i think this is because i assume (most likely wrongly) that others think i look too masculine in a dress (i.e. projecting insecurities)

- i hate having long hair (for the same reason as above) ,i now have a long bob but want to go short but can't (because i don't want to look stereotypically not straight)

- I don't feel like " i am a woman" , i feel just like me, but i think this is the feeling of being comfortable with my gender identity (cis woman)

i am confused of why i feel like this (like surely girls who like girls should like their boobs? ) and unsure how to express this, is it ok for someone to flatten their chest without being trans? (or is that insulting?) . how do i work out how to express myself in my image?

i don't look like i feel on the inside

many thanks

2. SystemGlitch

Some people just like to express themselves in a more masculine way. It's just the way you are. :slight_smile: There are plenty of women (especially lesbian women) who like to present a more masculine appearance.

With clothing, most people nowadays don't care much about women dressing in a more masculine manner. If you don't want to wear feminine clothes like dresses/skirts, you don't need to. You can just wear trousers and t-shirts.

For cutting your hair, try looking up pictures of celebrities with short hairstyles. There are a lot that don't make you look not-straight, and I know a lot of women who have shorter hairstyles. Maybe styles such as Screenshot by Lightshot or http://magazine8.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/13-cute-short-haircuts-for-women.png would be good?

As for flattening your chest, it isn't offensive. Some people don't like their breasts and have the option to choose to hide them if they please. The only thing that would be questionable is if you used a free binder program or giveaway for trans people in order to obtain a binder, but otherwise, it's no more offensive than a cross-dressing man who wears breast prosthetics.