1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dysphoria and tiredness?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dainss, Sep 9, 2016.

1. dainss

Does anyone else find that the more tired you are, the more dysphoric you feel? I'm not great at dealing with stress when I'm tired, so I guess dealing with dysphoria is similar. It's like I experience dysphoria more the more tired I am. Anyone else?

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dysphoria can cause stress or depression, both of which have been known to cause fatigue.

I am really tired a lot of the time. But, I was diagnosed with clinical depression comorbid to my dysphoria (i.e. not caused by dysphoria) so this is likely what causes it for me. It is a struggle for sure.

I'd recommend doing the best you can to get and keep healthy energy levels despite the probable correlation with your dysphoria. Make sure to eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, drink water, exercise regularly. If there are still issues and it's negatively affecting your ability to function, you might want to talk to your doctor or therapist about it.

#2 Kodo, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I experience more dysphoria when I'm in a worse mood, so it can certainly happen when I'm really tired. I don't think that's too unusual. It makes sense that it would be easier to cope with and ignore dysphoria when you're happy and well rested.

4. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I think I've had that

5. Spoopy Monster

Stress and tiredness can lead to negative feelings towards one's self. If the person suffers from it, those negative feelings may turn to dysphoria.

You're not alone. I suffer from that problem a LOT. Only to have my family make it worse with she pronouns and my feminine name...
    Just don't let it consume you, it can, very quickly. But as long as you stay on top of it, it can't hurt you.

6. BenFreeman