1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can having a gender indentity crisis cause sexuality indentity confusion?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by xiuminh0727, Sep 16, 2016.

1. xiuminh0727

xiuminh0727 Guest

Hello this would my first post in this forum. My reason for posting would be that I'm very confused about my gender and along with my sexuality. I don't like being a "man", I despise the fact that I have to grow hair in my face it simply feels so gross not to mention I don't like being told I'm a guy it feels depressing but I go along with it because I feel trapped. I remember that when I was younger I was always told that I seem to get better along with women than many men out there, I don't know why but I seem a'lot more closer to women. But I have told my psychiatrist about this and she recommend hrt so I said yes, but as a month passed I decided to say no even though they already drew my blood. I wanted to add that I said "no" because I was excessively frightened and scared of violent attacks towards me also because of a couple of bad memories of my past but I simply told her that I thought I was a guy yet feminine. Trust me I've always felt like a women I listen to a'lot of female music in the internet I'm usually confused for a women online, I've even been called a lesbian beacuse of this. I hate manly things I prefer female clothes as I find men's clothes vague. And about my sexuality, I think I might be gay because many people have told me they think I'm gay so I feel like believing them. And I think this because I feel like a man in a weird and frightful way. But I've also thought about bi sexuality. The weird thing is I'm usually attracted to women too but their usually the ones that look like lesbians and the men, well I'm attracted to feminine men. Am I actually a women and should I bring this up to my doctor, I've been having these thoughts for years =):icon_wink

2. Lightsaberpearl

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you feel like a woman then you're a woman regardless of who you're attracted to. You may also want to look into the term nonbinary. I'd also recommend trying out new pronouns of you haven't already (but even if you don't like/want a change of pronouns that doesn't necessarily mean your not trans). I personally don't like bringing up my identity with doctors but this is really a personal preference and safety thing. But if you ever want hrt you're gonna have to tell your doctors how you feel. If you're attracted to woman and men then you're probably bi- and it's not weird to have a difference in what you prefer between genders. I'm like that too- I like girls one way, guys another, and nonbinary folks another way. I hope this was helpful for you and if you need me to clarify anything please let me know! :slight_smile: