1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender in the heart

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Crisalide, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a question to all of you: cisgender, trans, bigender, genderqueer, agender.
    What do being/feeling man and being/feeling woman mean to your hearts and souls? What are their mental and spiritual aspects? What does being agender mean on a mental and spiritual point of view? (By "spiritual" I don't mean religious, I mean… the unconscious. The instinct. The deeper zone of the mind.)
    For instance, I've heard that womanliness means warmth, kindness, sensitivity, empathy, protection; manliness means (also) protection, maturity, strength of mind.

2. Lightsaberpearl

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ehm... I'm real bad at this kind of stuff but I guess I'd say the "heart and soul" of my gender would feel like: loyalty, protection, empathy, compassion, and uhm, rebellion? I'm not that great at abstract stuff like this and there's a good chance I screwed up and misunderstood the question but anywaus I hoped this was useful to you :slight_smile:

3. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your answer. :grin:

4. PrettyinPunk

I like this question!:slight_smile: I've wondered about this before as well. I'll refer to it as the gender of the soul rather than heart. First off I believe souls are genderless in general. If I had to label my soul with any aspect I'd say I have a warrior's soul. What makes someone a warrior is based on their ideals, and core beliefs and values. What they stand and fight for and how they treat others and the world around them. It has nothing to do with gender or sex, so also genderless.

That being said many of the qualities associated more with a specific gender I possess. Protectiveness, strength, empathy, sensitivity, dominance, expressiveness, etc. Like I'm sure others would say those attributes are linked to my soul and personality rather than what I identify as or what's between my legs.