1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoiding female hormone meds without coming out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JetBlackHeart, Sep 23, 2016.

1. JetBlackHeart

I'm biologically female and I have naturally high testosterone levels. My mum keeps saying that I'll have to take female hormones to rebalance it and I really really don't want that. I don't know know my gender yet (I think transmasc or something but I don't know) but I do know I don't want to take female hormones..
    I don't know how to tell my mum that without telling her about gender stuff? I will have to go to the doctors at some point if I don't start my period in the next year or so and I plan to go on my own then that way I can tell the doctor about why I don't want female hormone tablets but I don't know what to say to my mum?
    I'm no too worried a thing the moment because it won't be for another year but I wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

2. Delta

I haven't had this problem, but definitely don't let her push you into it. It's always your body, even when you're a minor. I know there are negative side effects to female hormones, so if she starts pressuring you more, talk about those negatives a lot. She'll probably be less pushy and assume that you don't want to because of health concerns if you do that before refusing. However, it would probably be a better solution in the long term to talk to her about the real reasons you don't want to.

3. JetBlackHeart

Thankyou so much for your reply. That's a good point about talking about the negatives of it. She can try make me all she wants but as you said, at the end of the day, it's my choice..
    Yeah, one day.. just not yet. Thankyou!

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell her you don't want to take meds unless it's absolutely necessary, and that you'll talk to your doctor about it. Talk to the doctor alone, tell them the real reason, and then don't take the hormones unless it's medically necessary (which I think is unlikely).