1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing name on Windows 10 login screen?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rickystarr, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps this is a better question for a microsoft forum, but how do I change my name on the login screen?? Everyone is calling me Patrick now but my computer still calling me my old name and it is awkward.

I changed it online and it is not showing up on the login screen for some reason. Anyone have experience with this?

2. ThatOneAlien

I did that and it literally took like half a year for it to show up on the login screen. It should change eventually it just takes forever

3. faustian1

Well, you have to fill out a form in triplicate, and submit it to Satya Nadella, James Clapper at the NSA, and the FBI. Once all three have approved the change, and after it's been published in the Federal Register for at least 30 days, the name change will be effective.

....Just kidding, uh, sort of.... :badgrin:

4. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to go the computer settings. It should be under profile settings or something. The computer is off for the day already, but I can give a more detailed description tomorrow.

5. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lied :/ I forgot and watched anime and slept all day. It's my dad's computer, and he's already in bed for the day.

6. SystemGlitch

I use Windows 7 but it should be similar. To change on Windows 7, go to Control Panel via the Start Menu. Click on "User Accounts and Family Safety". From there, click on "User Accounts", and then "change your account name". I remember that's how both Vista and XP handled account changes too. Hopefully Windows 10 is similar? If not, I apologise that I couldn't be more helpful.

7. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's similar, but you go to either setting, system settings, or account settings (I can't remember which), through the control panel.