1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by its me123, Sep 25, 2016.

1. its me123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey, so this is totally new for me and I don't really know what to think or do right now but I don't exactly know if I know what I'm doing. I have always dressed similar to a boy, played with boy toys, picked my avatar as a boy but I don't really want to change. I don't know if I should feel this way, if I'm wrong and just being a stupid teen or something but I'm just confused right now. I feel wrong for typing this.

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I'm only new here but I saw that nobody had yet responded to you so I figured I might as well be the first.
    You didn't really specify what you were asking about, but I'm going to assume by your question that you were asking about gender identity -- specifically, whether or not you might be a guy. I think the fact that you felt "wrong" typing that is a big indicator that you most likely are not a guy, that as well as the fact that you said you "don't really want to change" (That isn't to say all FTMs/MTFs feel the need to transition). I noticed that you identified yourself as female in your profile, and it's perfectly normal to be a female and still like more masculine things. What you've got to ask yourself is whether you REALLY WANT to be a boy, or if you think you'd be happier as a female. If you answered no for both, you could be agender. IF you answered yes for both, you may be bigender. If your feelings fluctuate, you could be genderfluid. Just look around at the internet and explore a list of non-binary terms, then see if any of those match up with how you feel.
    Once again, you didn't make it very clear precisely WHAT you were asking, but I hope this helps either way. Cheers.

3. its me123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks. This helped a lot. I am going to research this further.

4. stoutdriver79

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It is OK to be masculine if you want. I guess you have to ask yourself how and why you feel male, and it is different for everyone. I have a good friend who is ftm who feels a phantom penis almost constantly. I am mtf and I feel phantom breasts, this is how our dysphoria manifests for us. Share some more feelings with us. There are no dumb questions and you're entitled to feel how you want, regardless of your age, we are equal here.

5. Xe O

Maybe you're a Tomboy. (Hope it's the right English word/ Demiboy)

6. its me123

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for responding. I think I just researched this stuff a lot in one night and kind of pushed myself to think to the extreme. I have always been a tomboy and felt more comfortable in athletic shorts and sweatpants and have always been jealous I guess of boys who could wear cool clothing that I wanted to wear but I couldn't cause it was made for men. When I was younger, I used to get asked if I was a boy because of how I dressed and got bullied one summer for it. Its always been complicated when I go shopping and stuff because I think the boy designs and looks are cooler and I'd rather dress like that instead of girl clothes. I haven't worn a dress since my communion in 2nd grade and I refuse to wear one to graduations, parties, etc. I just don't like the look or feel of girly clothes and I know that I get judged for what I wear sometimes but it doesn't really bother me cause I know how I want to dress and feel.

7. LadyLikeDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think you are the only person who will have all the answers, and the best way to get know more about your own self is when you have more experiences with other people, you will know which side you find yourself with, or you may end up bi , at the end your trying to be yourself and this what matter.