1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a gc2b full length binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rickystarr, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just got one in the mail (grey, small), earlier than expected, so I was pretty excited. But I kind of hate it. I already have 3 other binders. One full length black one from underworks, one of those clippy front ones from amazon everyone says not to buy, and one white half tank from Gc2b. All in small. I like the underworks one just fine except it is quite hot in the summer and the neckline is quite low to the point where it almost shows cleavage. The cheap amazon one actually works fine for me and hasn't caused me any discomfort (however I don't require a huge amount of compression). The only thing I don't like about it is that the clasps show through a lot of T-shirts. The gc2b half tank is okay but the material barely covers the tiddies and I have to like stretch it out or else I'm not totally covered and the bottom seam sometimes shows through my shirt. It's possible I need a medium in gc2b, but it binds great and it isn't uncomfortable, so I figured it would be fine if it was a full tank.

WELL, I just got it like I said, and it is totally stupid. For one thing, it binds well and is comfortable enough, but it makes my armpit fat bulge out. (again, maybe I need the next size up, and it will probably stretch out.) But my main complaint is that the entire binder is made out of this same like, swimsuit material which is skintight and clings to every curve of my body, making my hip dysphoria sky rocket. If I pull my shirt up over my belly, it looks like I am legit wearing a one-piece women's swimsuit, and somehow it makes my hips look even bigger. Whose brilliant idea was it to make the whole binder of spandex-like material? It looks totally stupid and you can clearly see where the binder ends and the tank top begins, unlike my underworks binder which I could wear around as a tanktop. I will keep this and use it, but even around the house I would never just wear that, and in fact I still feel like I have to lock myself in the bathroom to change if my fiancee is around unlike the underworks full tank where I could just take my shirt of wherever and change no big deal.

Anyone have this binder? It is so ridiculous. I think I may be sticking with underworks from now on. Why is everyone obsessed with gc2b? I don't even like weird meshy "straps". The half tank felt like a sports bra and this one feels like a women's swimsuit. Look at underworks if you want a binder that actually looks like it was made for men. :/

---------- Post added 1st Oct 2016 at 03:41 PM ----------

Update: The bottom keeps rolling up...

#1 Rickystarr, Oct 1, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. SystemGlitch

I think one of the reasons Underworks looks more "manly" is because it was initially a company for cis men with gynecomastia. It wasn't until FTM and NB people began to use them that they expanded their horizons. I have no experience personally with GC2B, but I did purchase some Underworks binders that I ended up giving to a friend cause they were too small for me (I'm dumb and measured wrong) - he had no complaints on it other than it being a bit itchy. I've seen GC2B binders modelled and never really liked the look of them...

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose a NB person might like the design from gc2b, but come on. The company is specifically for transmen/non binary whatever. They should look just as manly as the ones for cis men, or at least give us two options. This binder clearly looks like a piece of shapewear. What I like about underworks is they try not to make them look like shapewear so you can still feel manly wearing it. This makes me feel very unmanly. :/

One more update since I've been wearing it all day though: I think this is going to show less through my clothes than my other binders, and that is a major plus. And it does do its job at least... Still think it's wicked ugly though.

#3 Rickystarr, Oct 1, 2016
  4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried tucking your binder into your pants?

5. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, which solves the rolling up problem but makes it look and feel like you are wearing a one piece swimsuit under your clothes. I mean that is still probably better than having it roll up and feel like you're wearing a 2 piece maternity swimsuit lol.

6. CluelessCat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recently got the gc2b full length binder. I have to agree that it looks and feels like a swimsuit. I'm still going to wear it at least for this winter though because I can't yet afford another and it can get pretty cold where I am. The only thing that helps me deal with how it looks (or how I feel that it looks, I have pretty big hips) is wearing my favorite shirt, but obviously that doesn't work every day. I'll definitely try underworks in the future it sounds much better.

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel you on that, dude. My hips are the bane of my existence. My only strategy for dealing with dysphoria in this thing is going to be avoid mirrors haha. Though so far I haven't been able to stop looking down and intentionally looking at my hips with a sort of morbid fascination, narrowing my eyes in disgust the whole time. If I wasn't feeling so masochistic though, I'd just ot look till I'm wearing a shirt .

8. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do have one.
    It clinging to my curves actually compressed my hips a bit. It doesn't cause my armpit fat to bulge so maybe you do need to go a size up. G sizing is different from underworks sizing.
    It does roll up on occasion so I tend to button my pants over it and that seems to stop the rolling just fine.
    Doesn't compress as well as underworks but I still like it better. I mean I can actually breath and move in it which is nice. And it really just feels like a skin tight tank to me.

#8 Matto_Corvo, Oct 1, 2016
  9. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was thinking that maybe it would be a good thing if it did compress my hips...I'm not sure if it does, but that would be cool!

I think I am going to exchange it for a medium and see if that is better. I might just get a half tank this time though if they will let me do that. I still hate the material. And the neckline. But it is comfortable (when not riding up) and binds well! But I tried to jog a little bit in it today and even tucked in, it totally popped right out as soon as I picked up any speed at all. I think it is too short for me to really tuck it in properly. Hopefully the medium will be a bit longer?

Still not sure if I'll go for the half or another full length.

---------- Post added 1st Oct 2016 at 07:44 PM ----------

My chest measurement is right at about 33.5/34 and the small in underworks and gc2b are both 32-34. And the underworks small fits fine...But I guess even if the medium is slightly too big I can use that for working out.

#9 Rickystarr, Oct 1, 2016
  10. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Ryan. I got a full length black GC2B binder and it's done me really well.

From what I can remember, Patrick, you and I are of similar physical stature. My chest is 34 as well, and I was sort of bordering between small and medium. Went with a medium because I'm trying to build muscle and I figured it'd last longer anyway. And the medium is perfect in size for me. It is comfortable and binds well. I felt like it was sort of a reinforced skin-tight tank. I tell myself it's part of my superhero suit, haha.

If you don't like the grey small one, I believe GC2B let's you send it back for another size. And if it is a little big for you, it is good for lounging in or working out, much better than a sports bra.

11. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I'd definitely recommend trying a size up before writing GC2b off. My chest was borderline between L and XL, and I eventually ended up with one in each of those two sizes. Both compress about the same, but the XL is definitely more comfortable and more like a normal tank top while the L is much more constricting and rolls up and all that. I don't really know how to explain it, but the bigger size is sort of loose everywhere but where it binds, so it's super comfortable and awesome and there's a non-existent (or at least very minimal) loss in binding effect. Try a size up and good luck!