1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Can't I accept myself :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CuteChloee, Oct 3, 2016.

1. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello, My Name is Chloee(I honestly prefer this name) and I'm 19 years old. I was born as male but I do believe that I am female. Now that being said.....

I Think that inside my heart I know that i'm a girl. But I can't seem to accept myself :frowning2:
    Each time I get close to accepting myself( Like about a month ago I decided to start a diet. Now I know what you are thinking what has a diet to do with transition... Well I honestly never cared for my male body.... I Didn't care how it looks and I couldn't care less about clothing.. I hated shopping for male clothing... but when I though of myself as a woman.. I always imagined myself to be thin... and when I was kinda accepting it I decided to go on diet..... But i Started doubting it and it got worse with days... that all I did ... was doubt it .. Maybe its fear ... Like i always said that if i will start transitioning i wanted to be sure but i honestly feel like i will never be sure :frowning2:

Got any advice please ? Thanks in advance

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tough it out. I used to really hate being trans, but after a while I accepted it and now I'm comfortable with myself. Almost everybody goes through a phase where they can't accept themselves, but it'll get better in time.

As silly as it may sound, I'm super into X-Men and reading a ton of X-Men comics helped me to accept myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I don't hate being trans.. I actually am totally up for it.... I actually get really excited when people tell me how feminine my face looks and how I pass as girl or that I am girl in general. .So I don't hate beings trans although I prefer to be called a female instead of trans.. i Don't hate the idea if trans... I actually think i really want to be female but when i get close to it.. I just start doubting myself again

As for the comic things.. its not silly at all.. I personally love anime/movies/tvseries/video games :slight_smile: They do really help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So it not silly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That'll go away with time too. It might just be doubt, or it could be something more. Keep questioning, and eventually you'll get be able to discern if it's just normal doubt or if there really is an issue. Doubting is a hard period to be in, but keep in mind that it's temporary.

5. Pistachio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you need to examine the reasons behind these doubts. What is holding you back from accepting yourself? If you dont know why you're feeling a certain way, it's harder to do away with those feelings I think. Doubts are rough, but you'll get through it. (*hug*)

6. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well there could be multiple of reason why i am doubting myself. Could be the fact that my mother is totally against it ,It could be because i'm afraid or it could be just simply denial..... It could be multiple of things honestly... I've been seeing this youtuber since yesterday and his(Ftom) videos has been helping me a lot. I do find it somewhat odd since he is an ftom while I'm the total opposite of him... but it helps me... since i've started watching his videos. they made me think and they popped up some bizarre feeling (Which feel good)

I just wish i can finally find out who i am.. I just wish i could wake up one morning with out doubt and I can start living my life as who i was suppose to be :/ Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

#6 CuteChloee, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I'll tell you something which helped me a lot. You are a true female. And you have always been. You have a genetic defect that causes your body to look like of the opposite gender and others only see that opposite gender. You, dear lady, have never been a dude.

8. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That actually made me feel a bit better (*hug*)
    Thank you