1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben's first binder...help me choose

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BenFreeman, Oct 3, 2016.

1. BenFreeman

I have never bought a binder before. After years of fighting my feelings about my body, I have decided to get one online.

I have already browsed through one site (the name of which I have now forgotten) and discovered that my choices are limited by my size. I am 48 inches around the chest. There's a fair amount to bind but I am broader in the shoulders and more barrrel chested than most.

Anybody with the same kind of physique have a suggestion for a good binder? I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.:icon_bigg

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gc2b and underworks (the two best binder brands right now) both accommodate your size. I have shoulders a lot broader than my chest too, about 6-8 inches in circumference and both brands I've measured my chest correctly and they've fit reasonably well over my shoulders too. Just check the sizing charts and measure the way they tell you on each site and you should get a binder that fits just right. If you're in between sizes and in doubt, alway get the bigger size. I somehow made that mistake twice and got the smaller size, neither fit over my shoulders and all I did was rip the seams.

3. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I second the above poster. I just got two binders, one from underworks and one from gc2b, and I should've gotten a size up in both of them so now I'm stuck with two binders that don't fit and I really don't want to bother exchanging them. :/ But yeah, underworks and gc2b are both good. Perhaps watch some youtube reviews that compare the two brands.

4. BenFreeman

Thank you both. I will start browsing.
    Thank you.