1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginning to feel like I can never be me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AnAtypicalGuy, Oct 4, 2016.

1. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm never going to pass off as a male, I know that. I'm absolutely tiny (just over 150cm) and even with hormones I'd still look ridiculously short. Girls in my school already gang up on me for my height, so I imagine guys would practically beat me to the ground with their level of disdain. I know guys taller than me that are absolutely miserable because they're treated so badly due to their height. On top of that, I would like to start hormones but I can't make myself come out to my parents. I highly doubt they'd accept me. That means I'll have to go on for at least two more years pretending I'm a girl, which is something I seriously doubt I can do. I don't know if i can do any of this, perhaps Im going to have to live the rest of my life being nothing at all. I'm only ever going to look like a little girl anyway. I wish I didn't exist. I don't wish to die: I just don't want to exist at all.

#1 AnAtypicalGuy, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Of course theres more to this than height but it's definitely one of the main reasons I'm unhappy with myself. Nobody takes me seriously even as a girl.

#2 AnAtypicalGuy, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  3. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The truth is this.. people are asshole. therefore they will bully you either way.. whether you are short(Like me) or tall...

That being sad. Your height doesn't matter. There are short men out there.. Being short doesn't make you any less of a man.. believe me.. So please stop thinking you wont pass because of your height :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm a short girl as-well(Mtof)

Anyway If you want too. Private message me :slight_smile: I would love to talk to you :slight_smile: I'm personally going through a rough time as-well :slight_smile: maybe we can help each other.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    as someone who was AMAB and passes as a male..... one word, confidence. im not what you call cursed with height either, in fact im pretty short for a guy. only 5'6" if you project confidence people wont question, at least out loud. I have friends and clients who are shorter than you and its all about the way you view yourself and how you project that. not in an arrogant way but rather as a, im here, im a guy and how are you.....

5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also on the shorter side, AMAB, 5'7"

I knew plenty of guys shorter than me. It's all about how you project. If you're confident, you'll be fine.

6. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm less than 2 inches taller than you and my height has only ever been a hint that I'm trans to other trans people. Also, while they are statistical anomolies, cis men your height do exist. I've personally dated two of them!

But, as someone who also gets dysphoric about their height, I know that retelling stories of other short men doesn't always help. What hopefully will help is this fact: After I graduated from high school, the number of incidences of height-related bullying/harassment I've endured or witnessed is 0. Occasionally there will be comments or off-color jokes, but it really isn't something that adults tend to be mean-spirited about.

7. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for this. As neither of us are full-time members we can't private message each other just yet, but I can post on your wall instead, if that's ok.

You were right, that actually helped a lot. I suppose I'll just have to grit my teeth through these last two school years. Wasn't even planning on coming out during that time haha.

8. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sure :slight_smile: