1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's upsetting to me to be turned on by my gender issues.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SkyWinter, Oct 6, 2016.

1. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So today I tried on a new outfit and found myself aroused. This is not the first time it has happened, and it is troubling to me cause it makes me doubt myself as trans.

I've heard cis-women will get turned on when they dress sexy, but I don't know if that is what I'm experiencing or if it is something else.

Anyone else have any experience with this? I just don't know what to think about it.

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I have figured it out, any kind of excitement, positive or negative, sexual or not, can produce the funny feeling down there. I wish I could help more, but I can anly say that I'm turned on by many things, clothes included, and wondered about it myself. and I'm bio female.

3. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think definitely when I think I look good generally and I'm going out my horny levels are rising haha. As a cis-woman in women's clothes that is. I do also have this thing of getting slightly turned on by wearing guys clothes but tbh they also make me feel more hot and confident soooo. It's definitely subsiding in intensity as I get used to it. Now I just feel more comfy and good. But yeah I can still get sorta turned on if I think about it a lot. I guess for me though I'm not too worried about what that means because it's just expression and comfort and fun. But I sympathise *hugs*

---------- Post added 6th Oct 2016 at 09:56 AM ----------

Oh yeah to add to what emerry said, hell yes I do get turned on by really random things and tbh it's usually more confusing than this one. It's sometimes hard to differentiate my feelings about something with my random bio reactions. Often they really obviously do not correlate and its ridiculous. So yes arousal can be pretty random and not always something worth deep thought

4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciate the responses. It seems like such an embarrassing thing to admit, even to myself. It certainly makes me feel better to know this happens to bio-females.

@Shach, yeah being feminine for me is fun, and sometimes that means being aroused. Sometimes not. Just like you said the more used to it I am the less it happens. It's so weird.

5. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get that with guy clothes somewhat, and it makes me feel uneasy. And with women's clothes too to an extend. Especially if it's something... well, sexy. But, it's not my purpose to get aroused by that, my purpose is self-expression, being creative or whatever, like Schach said, and that's why you, I, whoever, shouldn't feel guilty about it. I also noticed that it goes away with time and I think it's because it causes ... less excitement of the general kind. Like "What if...?" or "Wow!". Less of a rush.

6. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @emerry, yeah I generally don't think to myself when trying something on "I'm gonna get turned on by this". It's just sort of an involuntary reaction. Like you I'm trying to express my gender, or be creative with how I dress.

I'll try and not feel guilty about it. I think I feel shame because I'm not bio-female, but I dunno.

7. Cinis

Cinis Guest

1 some bio- females I know get kinda turned on by dressing up because it makes them feel beautiful

2 ( I am not an expert on this and I am not saying that this is the case with you, I just felt like it should be mentioned..so keep that in mind in regards to this information)
    Some bio-males that cross dress (most of the time in a non-trans way) feel sexual arousal when doing this. Not in the kinky way of some people who cross dress purely for sexual arousal but still.
    If you feel conflicted about your identity because of those feelings you could do the cogati test or something similar, they are no absolutes in regards to gender identity but they factor in things like the one mentioned above.
    Again I have zero experience with this it's just something that I heard was common.

#7 Cinis, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  8. IvorySteel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I totally get what you're saying SkyWinter, I've had a similar thing myself. Especially since, as for many trans people, those feelings of indentifying as a different gender come stronger during puberty, at the same time as you start experiencing sexual desires. Then there's the fact that a lot of early studies into GNC and trans people conflated them with transvestic fetishism, which feeds misinformation to young people. Thirdly - for many of us, dressing in accordance with our gender identity was a rare thing. I know most of us can relate to having a dress and a bit of makeup stashed in a secret box under our bed, that we'd only be able to wear when nobody else was in the house. So dressing up becomes mixed up in that adrenaline rush of fearing being caught and being aware of exactly how much time you have. So you've got all these hormones coming from different places, plus adrenaline, plus no real guide on what's happening, which results in, at least for myself, confusion over whether the joy you're feeling is sexual, emotional, or just the thrill of doing something "taboo". Then there's the added "fun" for teenage trans lesbians, when we stuck wondering if we like looking at that girl because we fancy her, or because we want to look like her.

Just remember that it's OK. It's ok to feel sexy. Dressing means presenting ourselves as we see ourselves, which makes us confident, and confidence is sexy. It's ok to feel sexual desire when dressed, that's only natural if you feel happier and feel more attractive. Don't beat yourself up over it; just accept that you are being yourself and your feelings are normal and natural.

xx

9. QueerKiki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lover is Butch, and i am Genderqueer.
    We both get turned on when we "gender-fuck"
    folks like at a place to eat or a store, and folks "Sir" us. We both turn around, and "get off" on how they trip all over themselves with apologies (i have a bit of a large rack).

She is able to pass on a daily basis, but doesn't usually do it. We both get turned on

especially when i call Her "Sir" in public, confusing all 'cept us.

We love it!!!

10. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I've had a very similar experience to what you are describing. I also wonder if I'm conditioned to think it is a taboo since it is still effectively prohibited for a guy to be feminine.

11. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ... and for a woman to feel sexual.

12. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. That's a point worth considering.

13. AmyBee

If you're feeling confident and more like yourself and you get kind of turned on by that, then I think that's okay.

14. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do feel very confident when I present feminine, and a lot more like myself, yeah.

Thanks for the response. I've got a lot to think about now.