1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Therapy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LizzerDizzer, Oct 6, 2016.

1. LizzerDizzer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently seeing a normal therapist about my gender dysphoria and in my most recent appointment I told him how I want to start seeing a gender therapist so I can be on my way to getting T. It turns out he's never heard of this and he was looking up ones that are around my area. We found a lot but he stopped to tell me that the ones I'm supposed to look for are the ones that are classified as psychiatrists so they can actually pescribe/get me T. Now is that true?????
    Now it makes sense, i mean a psychiatrist can actually perscribe me testosterone, but my therapist has never heard of gender therapists until now and I think he's thought this from experience as a therapist. But trans dudes that are taking T/have taken T, did you get your therapy appointments with a gender therapist that was also a psychiatrist? or did you get your T from any normal gender therapist?