1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shark week and people who don't know im trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Oliv, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Oliv

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so I'm supposed to spend the weekend (at my friend's house) with my friend and his friends (all cis guys) The issue is his friends don't know I'm trans and I want to keep it that way but I'm going through "shark week" atm. I'm worried about having to deal with pads/leaking while I'm over. Any advice?

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the risk of saying something stupid...

Could you ask your friend (who knows you're trans) to make sure he sorts out the easy stuff (such as a small rubbish bin in the toilet so his friends don't have to see that) before you arrive?

3. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry. Too tired and made stupid post. :confused:

4. Cinis

Cinis Guest

...maybe use both tampons and pads at the same time so leaking is less likely?

5. SystemGlitch

If you have a weak flow, you honestly could probably get away with black underwear and wearing nothing (just go to the bathroom every few hours or so to clean a little) and then use a pad when you're asleep. This is what I've done in the past when I've noticed it's weak because wearing pads can make me feel extremely negatively about myself - it doesn't leave any sort of stain, though sometimes it can smell so it's a good idea to use deoderant down there. If you notice it's getting heavier/is beginning to mark the underwear then back-up tampon would be a good idea. No doubt you're going to have a bag that you'll be taking with you to keep clothes in etc., see if you can find one that either has a pocket on the inside or a side pocket that you can use purely for pads and keep a little plastic bag in there that you can use for the "used" pads if there isn't a bin available. If the guys see it, a way to respond could be to act embarrassed and say your mom/sister/female friend/anyone really recently used this bag and must have left them in there. If your flow is moderate to heavy, then I'd recommend tampons (if you're able to wear them) and black underwear, of course with tampons you need to change more frequently to avoid health issues but there's no real other way to avoid pads. If you're very heavy then tampons with back-up pads would help prevent you leaking. I think the biggest issue will probably be them hearing the packets/wrappers rustling, so as long as you keep an eye on that you should be okay.

This won't help for this weekend, but for the future, here's a really neat and awesome clothing line of period underwear that has created a boxer-styled pair. They are worn without pads and can last all day depending on your flow - you just rinse them at the end of their wear then shove them into the laundry basket.
    https://www.shethinx.com/pages/people-with-periods is the ad page where you can see it modelled by a trans guy, and https://www.shethinx.com/products/boyshort is the actual shop page (model there is a woman... but it is their main target market, I guess). It might be something you could look into purchasing for if you have a situation like this again, I'm getting several pairs as soon as I have the money together.

6. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were you, I would use tampons during this time. 1) they are less likely to leak than pads, especially when sleeping, 2) they don't risk creating any sort of diaper-like sound or bulging on your butt, and 3) you can flush your used ones so there's nothing in the trash. I know you're technically not supposed to flush them, but the small number you'll use over the weekend won't harm anything. You can put the packaging/applicator in your pocket or a personal bag that no one else will see that in a trash can either.

7. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    I say double up at bedtime for security from leakage. Also, position the pad so it's a little further towards your backside and less towards the front. Tighter fitting underpants and boxers over the top. Take some wet wipes with you, but they may not flush well so be careful with that. If anyone asks why you may have a pain grimace or whatever, just say you've got stomach ache or the shits. Blokes don't care about that stuff. If, like me, you suffer on the pain side of things, keep on top of your pain tablets. Evenly space them throughout the day (I won't over explain because I'm sure an Admin will get the censor twitch). Lots of water, make sure you keep your bowel and bladder as empty as possible to alleviate pressure and you'll be golden. Even if, god forbid, someone notices blood or whatever, you can always say you recently had day surgery for something like a cyst removal or similar and it's weeping a bit. Blokes don't tend to ask for more details than they're given about health stuff. Easy bluff dude, you'll be grand.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they see the tampons, just say you get nosebleeds at night.(I had one up my nose for that during wrestling practice, that's literally what the trainer gave me). It's actually a common use for them.