1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a type of dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MysteryHack, Oct 6, 2016.

1. MysteryHack

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I feel an internal argument that I would be better off putting aside any questions of gender identity. Not only would it mean avoiding the difficulties of coming out, but there's a part of that rejects the idea that I'd be at all female. I can look like I have breasts, but they wouldn't feel the same. And down below would always just be stuffed away. Like what's even the point of presenting femme if it's all illusion?

And that judgement is pretty limited to myself. I have a few trans friends who aren't getting full surgery, but I in no way consider them "not female enough". It's strictly a personal feeling that it's not enough for me. I can't really be anything other than a guy in a dress, and that depresses me. (I don't think physical transitioning is right for me for various reasons)

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't say that. If you're a woman, then you're a goddamn woman. I'm also having similar struggles (though the opposite: I'm a guy who probably looks like a tiny girl) but since I'm in one of my stronger moods right now, I'm just going to say this: I am a guy, and if anyone else tries to tell me that I am a girl with a boy's haircut then I will correct them right away and say that I AM A GUY. I may not look burly and masculine (yet) but so what? I'm still me, regardless. Likewise, you are you regardless of how you look in the outside. Don't let anybody convince you otherwise.

If you think you'll be ok living as a male the rest of your life, then go ahead. But if you will feel like you're a fake and be miserable your whole life as a result, then I would strongly advise you not to be so quick to put aside your true gender identity. Of course coming out will be difficult sometimes. But coming out can also be wonderful.