1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans but also gay?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Silvermoon, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Silvermoon

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I might be trans and gay. Like is that a common thing? I just feel like being both will make it that much harder for people to accept me. I fear the jugments and everyone asking me why I can't just suck it up and be a straight woman like why make things harder for yourself. Especially when I have an interest in the cosmetic world. Will I have a hard time finding a guy that accepts me they way I am? Any advice or opinions on they subject would be more than welcome and so appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. SystemGlitch

There is a fair amount of trans people who aren't straight, so don't worry, you're definitely not alone.

Some ignorant people might use you being gay to invalidate your gender - "How can you be a man if you like men?" sort of statements - but as we know gay people exist so their argument is pretty much impossible to defend. To be honest, if you were straight those ignorant comments would probably be "oh, so you're a lesbian?" instead, so you're not losing or gaining much either way.

I am in a triad relationship with two guys (one of whom is gay, the other has identified as gay for years but is starting to question if he's slightly bi). Only issue I've ever had is that the first guy isn't fondest of my genitals and doesn't really want to touch or look at them, though that has lessened with time and he isn't as "NOPENOPENOPE" as he used to be, and the fact that I was reluctant to show anything of my body to either of them at first because I was afraid it'd cause them to start thinking of me in female terms (which didn't happen, thank the lord). Both knew I was trans before we started dating and both have been supportive and loving and the best partners I could ask for. There will be a fair amount of guys who will not be willing to date a trans guy (especially pre-op), but there will ALWAYS be those who will love you regardless of what's in your pants.

3. oh my god I

Honestly I think the majority of trans people identify as something other than straight. It's not unusual at all.

4. CuteChloee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its totally normal. Sexual orientation and gender identity are two different things.
    Like how a cis male can be gay. So can trans gender man be gay as-well.. I'm Bi sexual personally.. But I did spend a lot of time doubting my attraction to men to finally accepting it :slight_smile:

Anyway people are asshole and will Judge you either way xD So F*** Em' XD

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fact that I'm gay hasn't even come up with people that I've told I'm trans to. Not once actually. I was always extremely uncomfortable thinking about being in a straight relationship. Even though I was into guys I always felt queer and it took me a while to realise why that was. Yeah it might be a bit more difficult finding someone to date but really you're just whittling out the bad ones early on if you find someone that doesn't want to be with you because of what's in your pants. I've been on online dating sites though and of maybe the 12 guys I've told I was trans to, only one of them had a problem with it. You'll find a guy, just hold out for the right one.

7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Shit happens. But that doesn't change who you are. But you label as pansexual. So maybe you will fall in love with the opposite gender and this part won't show.

8. Silvermoon

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone for your kind words it helps alot. It's helpful to know that ignorant people will find something to say either way. It's nice to hear from others saying that they have found people that they love and that love them.
    Also daydreamer1 I love the Daria references that's one of my favorite shows. :slight_smile: