1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Can One Feel Like Both A Boy And A Girl? How Can I Get A Non Binary Body?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    This is the worst, guys. AMAB. I like my primary sex characteristics (penis, deep voice) to a degree, but I don't want my secondary sex characteristics (sex drive, hairy body, broad build).

I don't want to become a full blown woman....I don't honestly feel like one all the time, and the intensive hormones/societal discrimination does not feel worth it. What I DO want is a less masculine body....

I've contemplated getting my testicles removed. MAYBE it would achieve that result. I don't know :/.

#1 Snidi, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

There is the possibility to get on a very low hormone dosage...at least that's what some people do

3. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'd be afraid to desire being more like a woman if I did that. But maybe, it would enable me to feel more comfortable with my body in general.

4. SystemGlitch

If you do get an orchidectomy, you'll probably need to have hormone treatment for the rest of your life since the body needs a considerable amount of either sex hormone to function correctly, and a AMAB body doesn't produce enough estrogen on its own/enough testosterone outside of the testes to cover that (vice versa if someone AFAB has their ovaries removed). I'm not entirely sure if it is 100% required though. You'll need to consider which hormone you would want to take if the need arises, and I'd definitely recommend discussing it in depth with a doctor.

Honestly, I believe the best way you get what you want would be low-dose HRT that you can stop at any time. It may cause breast development, I don't know if that's something you particularly want/don't want or if it's a neutral point for you. One thing to note is that taking estrogen will not cause your voice to un-deepen, it will most likely stay as it is unless you do vocal training. I don't know if estrogen stunts hair growth, but a possibility is always laser hair removal - sometimes it requires a second or third visit, but it's effective. Also taking estrogen isn't going to suddenly make you feel like/want to be a woman if you don't feel like that right now - otherwise we wouldn't have trans guys. :wink: Again I feel like you should seek out an endocrinologist or gender therapist who can talk to you about what you can do to achieve what you want, and see whether there are alternatives to HRT.

5. Delta

I feel similarly, but opposite. I like my original sex characteristics: vagina, uterus, boobs, but I do -not- want my shrill voice, or my hairless body, or my round face, or fickle sex drive. I'm pretty darn sure I want to go on T. I need to be more in between, I'm not meant to have just one type of sex characteristics.

Before you get surgery, try testosterone blockers. They're less permanent if you decide it's not doing the job you need it to.