1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression shirt vs binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by anthracite, Oct 11, 2016.

1. anthracite

anthracite Guest

So I said recently that I wanted to look flatter, I do now because it's winter and hoodie time, but a tiny bit is still visible in some of my hoodies.

I am incredibly anxious about asking for a binder. Like really fucking much. So I thought about a compression shirt, that would make things easier for me and also it could probably if it is a longer one compress my hips a bit, as this is my biggest source of dysphoria currently.

I have cup B and if I combine it with a sports bra, would there be good results? Or does absolutely nothing happen? I would like to get maybe one if it helps. Binding directly, yes I'm still scared about if it gets me increased chest dysphoria as it has happened anywhere where I did progress. So maybe a slower progress would be easier...

What would you do?

2. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like binders, mostly because I have REALLY wide hips and the longer style of compression tops don't do anything and instead just ride up constantly on me. Plus I like GC2B binders because they're a trans owned company, and their products are specifically made for trans people. (Also, if you get the shorter style, they basically just look like compression sports bras? So when I was younger it was p easy to ask for one under the guise of it being a sports bra).

As for the second part, I don't know why you'd need to combine anything with a sports bra. B cups are p small so I definitely think you won't have a problem getting flat, but Idk if I understood correctly.

3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@Ghostling:
    Yes, they are a trans owned company. And this is what makes me anxious. As if I had to go outside naked...
    Actually yes, I do look flat enough to pass, but I am hypersensitive about everything. My dysphoria is a drama queen. It's basicially thoughts like: "Hahaha your voice sounds like you had helium!" My voice is actually low enough to pass. And my chest looks like the chest of a very muscular man according to the slight bump in my shirt. But I know that it's not muscle that I'm hiding, I know that it's my man tits and this is the problem.

4. Katchoo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you out to any friends who have chill parents? If you could get the money together, you could use a prepaid debit card to order one yourself and ship it to your friend's house. They aren't as pricy as you think.

5. SystemGlitch

It would depend on the style of compression shirt as to whether it would help or not. You'd need to check to see whether it also "lifts" and shapes the bust, which some sports bras and compression shirts do (since they probably expect women to be buying them, and I guess some women like their boobs to be perky when they exercise). It should tell you in the description of the product. Looking at the reviews would also be a good idea, though that's more obvious. :lol: What you'd be looking for is straight-up compression, and while it won't cause a completely flat look on it's own, wearing a compression shirt under regular clothing (especially if that clothing is baggy) can work just as well as a binder for smaller-chested people. A sports bra on top shouldn't be necessary. I don't know if I'd recommend this method to someone with DDs, but a B chest should be fine in it.

6. Cinis

Cinis Guest

If you change your mind you can get binders in a price range from 25-50€ in Germany. I haven't tried them myself but they are allegedly of good quality *shrugs*