1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubt caused by fear

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Oct 18, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this a common thing for people to really doubt themselves because they are afraid. I have a lot of doubt about my gender and that I am ftm but when I try to write down my doubts I can't think of anything other than I paint my nails which isn't even an actual doubt and I didn't start embracing my interest in it until after I started questioning and saw some of my guy friends with painted nails. I do have a lot of fear about coming out. I am not scared for my safety or anything more about people actually listening to me and I always think about how I can't come out until I'm actually sure but I am sure I just keep saying I'm not.

2. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd say it's fairly common.

I was also scared of coming out. I wanted to be really sure that I was trans first. I was afraid I would go through all of that, maybe even start to transition... and then realize I had been wrong the whole time. It took a lot of thinking things over and questioning myself to be more comfortable with it and decide yep, I'm definitely trans.

It's okay not to be 100% sure, this stuff is confusing and can take time to figure out. And even if you are sure, you don't have to come out right away. It's up to whenever you feel ready :icon_wink