1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An interesting idea.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I'm in the process of getting my first (second) car for when I get my license, and I suddenly got an interesting idea. My car is a teal 1995 Saturn Sc2, and I figure that if I got my car repainted (it's kinda scratched up and stuff), I could get the Trans flag painted on it. Maybe like how they painted the British flag on Austin Power's car, or as racing stripes going straight down the middle. That being one of the inevitable things I have to do to the car eventually (getting it repainted), I figured I might as well get creative with it and show pride and represent and all that hip stuff the kids say these days. :icon_wink

I also had the idea to dye my hair to match the Trans flag as well when I go away to college. I'm changing my whole style and my hair and everything, so why not? I'd have to figure out exactly how to do that though, but I think I'd figure it out eventually.

Of course, I can't afford a paint-job on my car right now, nor do I feel confident enough to change my hair yet, but I figure that these are things that I'll have to do eventually, so why not? It sounds like fun to me. :slight_smile:

Doesn't that sound cool though? Dyeing my hair to match the Trans flag and putting the Trans flag on my car? I actually very much like this idea, but I am prone to crazy ideas. I still want a stuffed penguin the size of a six year old to cuddle. So...I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But I sure hope I can do these things at some point. Especially since I want to do all kinds of crazy things to my car. :slight_smile:(!)

P.S. -If anyone knows where to find a life-sized stuffed penguin, please let me know. (*hug*) :slight_smile: :icon_bigg :grin: <3 (^♡^) (^-^)

#1 Natasha Elyssa, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. SystemGlitch

You got more guts than me, girl. :lol: Most I can bring myself to wear is a subtle pride shirt (mostly cause I "stealth" it out instead of directly stating that I'm trans... too worried about backlash). I think that if the area around there is safe enough, go for it! You'll need to be aware it might attract the wrong kind of attention, but if you're confident and can deal with that, I think it's a neat idea.

3. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't do either, personally. People are assholes, your car will get vandalized or worse. I'd also be concerned for your safety, advertising with your hair like that. Not to be a downer or freak you out, but better safe than sorry.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be careful. If you live in a liberal enough state or your college is known to be LGBT friendly, then perhaps. But it is risky to be too outgoing about being trans in hostile places as your car could be vandalized or you could be assaulted. Safety first, yeah?

But if you have ample support and genuinely want to do this, and you're confident it's safe, go for it.