1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's my birthday today...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    And I feel weird knowing this is going to be the last as a perceived female. Not remorseful but odd that a big change is coming and it's going to impact my life monumentally. I'm becoming less fearful of the reception I will get as days go by and I almost don't care about the reaction I will receive from my mother. Things are a bit strained anyway so I feel like she doesn't deserve the measured and lengthy conversation I was going to give her. Part of me just wants to inform her and crack on with it.

I'm 28 now. And I have very little by way of true support. This has been the status quo for all of my 20s really. Kinda sad. It's normality for me, not being invited to things, those that drink preferred over me, me being seen as a stick in the mud, weird, odd, serious, loner etc etc. I don't try and talk to people because more often than not, they aren't interested in what I have to say. They just want to talk at me. I used to say to myself "friends will come, in time you will have a friendship group again" and "your family will consider you a little more, they will ask how you are instead of just for favours" but this hasn't happened. I started out, for at least 5 years, really trying my best to make friends and be important to others. I truly didn't think that this would be my life at 28. I thought I'd be sound by now.

The plan must go on, I will continue to sort my affairs, apply for a working visa for Canada or similar and will experience as much as I possibly can. With my dog by my side, my house rented out, I will do this. Realistically, I have 2 years to get this off the ground. I will transition, feel like a man and will go out into the world in search of life experiences. Because if I have to live my 30s like this, I may not make it to 40.

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Happy birthday! :grin:

:birthday::thewave::king:frowning2:!!):eusa_danc(!)

I can't say much because it's late here, but that was a very thoughtful post to mark such a milestone. Here's to a successful transition and more friends in the future. (&&&)

3. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! It was in a thoughtful mood. I don't know why but 28 felt like such a huge milestone because of how close I am to 30. Legitimately an actual adult now! Or that's how it feels at least!

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy (belated) birthday, brother.

I have confidence in you, Kal. You are an amazing, strong guy and I have massive respect for you. It is pretty surreal to think this is the last birthday being perceived as female though, but that is awesome is it not? Makes me realize that my recent birthday may well be the same.

All this will sort out given time and steady effort, and you've already come so far. Everyone here is routing for you and along your journey, there will be more people who will come to love you for you (I think EC is proof enough that it's possible). It gets better.

#4 Kodo, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy birthday hun!