1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell work/college I'm trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by wolf of fire, Oct 23, 2016.

1. wolf of fire

I live in the UK and am planning on transitioning in the next few years, but the question is when do I tell them? Do I need to get a doctor's note first? Do I just tell them and that's it or is there more?

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told my school counsellor when I was at college and she in turn sent emails around to all my teachers asking for me to be called by the correct name and pronouns. You don't need a doctors note to socially transition you just need to be assertive and keep on at people when they get your name and pronouns wrong. I'm afraid I can't help you on the work front racist I applied as Isaac and everyone there thinks i'm a cis guy but it'd be the same concept or telling HR or someone in charge and either getting everyone together and coming out or telling them individually when you see them. Facebook is a great place to just get it done to a lot of people a once and you can see who is supportive by who likes and comments. You tell them when you're ready, you'll know when the time feels right don't rush anything because you can't go back in the closest once you're out. Once you are though it'll be a weight lifted off your shoulders. Good luck with everything.