1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ummmm. . . **EXPLICIT CONTENT WARNING**

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FloralCrown, Oct 25, 2016.

1. FloralCrown

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello. . . I really don't feel too right enough in the mind to come out with a proper introduction to this thread. . . I'm a little drunk right now. . . but this stuff needs to come out. . .

At the very start of this year. . . probably April. . . I came out to my family as a man. . . my mum had previous discussion with me over the course of 2 years about me not being comfortable with my identity in more ways than one. . . this year I decided what was best for me. . . and I stuck with it. . . because it made me feel good. . . but after my first taste of exploring my sexuality. . . everything has fallen out of place. . .

It's not that I want to be a girl. . . the mere thought fills me with anxiety. . . makes me emotionally disturbed. . . and I cannot handle it. . . I tried living life as my biological sex a few times this year. . . months after coming out. . . it only sabotaged me with negative vibes. . . I felt physically ill. . . but I guess this now leaves you with one particular question spinning in your mind. . . why did you do it if you know it makes you feel bad?

The answer to that question leaves me with a dark pit in my stomach. . . I feel ashamed. . . there's a part of me that does not want to leave being "female". . . but only in the way of having certain body parts. . . being addressed with female pronouns. . . dressing in "female" clothes. . . but then. . . I don't want that to be permanent. . . those feelings aren't permanent. . . but at the same time. . . they're always there. . . and it makes me feel like I am lying about my identity. . . I have cut and burned myself over this. . . drinking myself senselessly. . . and all out of shame. . .

I worry that this will damage the trust of my friends. . . those who I came out to. . . those who accepted me as that gender. . . and that have made the choice to be there for me throughout this entire transition. . . but what will happen if this isn't what I want. . ?

Yes. . . I love the fact that I have legally changed my name to Daniel, but I cannot stop feeling violently ill over how I am with this entire situation. . . I can ensure you. . . I am utter scum. . .

I look at women, and I idolise them over their looks. . . someday wishing I could look exactly like that. . . but I am not a women. . . and that's not out of choice. . . I just can't feel comfortable that way. . . and I feel horrible because of it. . .

I want to make medical changes. . . changing what biology has given me down below. . . and my chest, too. . . but at the same time. . . I don't want it. . . I don't want to have beard stubble. . . I don't want hair growing out of my butt. . . I don't want to bald. . . I don't want to be oily. . . but maybe I want a low voice. . . maybe I want stubble. . . and maybe. . . just maybe. . . it might make me happier. . .

Socially. . . I want to hang out with the guys. . . I want to be seen as one of the guys. . . and it would make me happier. . . as it feels like the right peer group for me. . . not that there's anything wrong with the opposite gender. . . I like to hang around with them. . . most of my friends are girls. . . but then I can't handle it when I am ignored by the male peer group due to my biology. . . it almost makes me feel rejected. . .

Most of the time. . . I am perceived as female. . . because it is hard for others to see me as male when there's no physically change yet. . . I can't start hormone treatment for a while. . . it might be soon. . . but the complicity of the situation is making me nauseous in fear. . . I often wonder if I am mentally ill. . . that there's something yet to be disclosed about me. . . but I have been diagnosed a multiple amount of times. . . and all I have is anxiety and depression. . . I know that's all I have, too. . . because I once recovered from depression. . . and anxiety. . . altogether. . . and felt revitalised. . .

I don't know what is wrong with me. . . I am so ashamed. . . too ashamed. . . I just wish I never told anyone about my identity. . . despite it making me feel better. . . it only makes me a liar more. . . and that is something I would truly hate of myself. . . to be a liar. . . to become a liar. . . to become that mentally incoherent that I lose the trust of others. . . I am sure this could be a huge overreaction, but something tells me it is more than meets the eye. . . and I'm afraid of it all. . . because I can't live as a girl. . . but sometimes. . . just sometimes. . . I can't live as a boy. . . and can only be neither. . .

Also. . . when I mean sexuality. . . I mean that sometimes I can't tell whether I want intercourse as a "girl" or if that would make me feel bad. . . sometimes the thought makes me feel intrigued. . . nearly excited. . . but otherwise. . . everything freaks me out. . . am I a monster? Sorry if any of this was offensive. . . you needn't have the answers. . . it's okay. . . honestly. . . I needed to get this off my chest. . . before I off myself. . . which wouldn't have done much justice for anyone or anything. . . :tears:

2. BenFreeman

It would be an easy life if we all fitted the boxes and labels perfectly and we all knew where we stood. But that's in an ideal world. Sometimes one is confused, unsure and afraid. And there's nothing one can do to change that in an an instant. That's a very uncomfortable space to be in. Sometimes one simply does not fit the boxes...which in turn confuses everybody else, and makes it awkward to relate.

But I will tell you that the only way to work through any of this is to allow it.
    You are allowed:
    to be confused
    to be unsure
    to be afraid
    to not fit the boxes
    without feeling like you've let anybody down
    or that you are mentally ill
    or that you are scum
    or that you should off yourself just to escape the confusion.
    I think most of your distress is coming from the fact that you are not fitting the boxes (male/female) neatly and that you feel you need to.
    But actually you don't have to.
    Be confused....tell all your friends "I'm confused" you are allowed. Your real friends will walk with you through that confusion without judging you for it.
    And also that you are still exploring all the various facets of your gender identity. So tell yourself, and others, that you are still exploring your gender identity.
    There is actually only one rule; and that is that you be real.
    Be real.
    Be true.
    Feel all of those conflicting feelings, without trying to label or box them.
    And in embracing that truth, you will find the way forward.

blessings

3. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound so much like my young self. I knew I wasn't entirely a girl, but, I didn't really want to be a boy either, but I was no agendered either.

Back then, it was a confusing nightmare and, I basically did nothing. Now, I'm glad I've got my female body and a bit of both for my personality. I'm just me, I'm not he or she but, strangers can call me what they like.

I've been accused of being a man going into a women's restroom and, a woman in a men's room. Just depends on how I dress and feel like presenting myself that day.

As for relationships, it's the person you love, not the body that changes over time anyway and, yes you can have them all. I have dated lesbian, bi trans and gay. It really doesn't make any difference, you just have to find the right people to be in your life is all.

I know it's difficult now but, don't be rash and try to ignore the body and find yourself in there, then decide if you want to keep the body or change it. it's just a shell, a tool for you use and enjoyment so, find you, then decide how that shell should look and what parts that tool needs.