1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You look like a girl?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Smores, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Smores

OK so I went to a Halloween party last weekend. I was dressed as Touka from Tokyo Ghoul :re. That means I was wearing an apron and leggings. I kept getting comments that I actually looked like a girl which was kinda weird. I'm not out to anybody about my gender but still. I can't really do to much about my expression right now so I guess I'm happy that I at least don't look like an ideal "girl". I don't know it was just kinda awkward. Has anyone had a similar experience?

2. DoriaN

Like, if a person was MtF and people assumed she was female but could pull off looking like a male well?

3. AmyBee

Well, until I was like 16 a lot of people told me that. I got "miss" a lot in person and "ma'am" on the phone. So I buzzed off my hair and started lifting weights and all that. It took a couple more years but I put a stop to it. But even so people were always trying to get me to wear dresses. Eventually I walked back a lot of the changes I'd made in myself because I finally accepted that I was a trans woman and I wanted them to say those things to me again. Once I started dressing and actually showing people their reactions were very validating. I think they were exaggerating their compliments for effect but it was still very, very nice!