1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He/Him or She/Her?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dkkt96, Oct 26, 2016.

1. dkkt96

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is there anyone who always call by using the pronoun he/his/him? But biological born as a female, like to wear guys clothing plus am a lesbian. So my question is do you prefer to call by she/her or he/him? By the way, I came out only to few of my closest friend but not to my parent yet. So any advice on how I should tell my parent that I'm lesbian+tomboy? My parent got divorce two years ago, so I have to tell each of them individually.

2. SystemGlitch

I use male pronouns because I am a guy. What I was assigned and the fact that I like to wear male clothing (since I'm male) and that I like women doesn't influence what pronouns I want to use - it's the fact that I am a man and men use he/him. She/her, being intended for women, is wrong and uncomfortable for me because I am not a woman.

I'm slightly confused - do you want to use male pronouns but still identify as female?

As for how to tell your parents you are gay; it would depend on their views of LGBT people, as well as your reliance upon them right now. Do you know anything about their attitudes towards LGBT topics - specifically gay people? How old are you (if you're comfortable answering)? Do you still live with one of your parents and/or are you financially dependent on them right now?

I don't really understand why you would need to come out as a tomboy? To my knowledge a tomboy is a girl/women who presents and acts in a masculine way. If that's what you mean, just tell them you want to wear and do what you want then change your expression to be what you want it to be. If that's not what you mean, can you go into more detail?

3. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a cis woman that is masculine presenting, but I prefer she/her. Being masculine or a tomboy does not invalidate someone's womanhood. Gender roles are constructed/made-up and have no biological basis. I understand why you would prefer male pronouns if you were a dude, but as a lesbian...I don't get it?

4. Zoe Izumi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with SystemGlitch, Tomboy is a personality trait, not a gender.

Ann from the Harvest Moon games is a tomboy, so is Rainbow Dash in MLP:FIM.
    Those are just some examples of tomboy characters in media, though neither are lesbian canonically.

If you're saying you want to use he/him, it sounds like you are really saying you are a straight trans-male, rather than a lesbian tomboy. The difference being that a trans-male IS male, and a tomboy is female.

That means that if you are a trans-male, then technically you aren't lesbian, because you're a guy who likes girls at that point.