1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender fluidity and androgyny

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Skylar0, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Skylar0

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone ^^

As can be seen in my profile, I identify as gender fluid, which to me means that my gender identity and thus expression changes frequently. However, I find myself always expressing a mixture of male and female and other non-binary genders at the same time, never fully being male or female. Since my body and face are not very clear either gender too, this got me thinking: could it be possible to be both gender fluid as well as androgynous?
    I personally feel like androgyny isn't as much of a feeling as gender fluidity is, but more of a person's appearance. I'm curious to hear what you all think about this though.
    :slight_smile:

2. Smores

Being gender fluid definitely can include androgyny. Gender fluid can include any gender or any combination of genders.

3. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Of course! Personally, I identify with androgyny a lot but feel more agender oddly enough (seeing as the two are sort of opposites). I express myself and relate to males and females equally though in different ways, and like being addressed in both masculine and feminine ways, but ultimately it's because thats how I try to fit into society since I feel like I'm not really apart of either group. Genderfluidity has its name for the fact that it encompasses a wide range of the gender spectrum for each individual, so if you express yourself androgynously or settle upon an androgynous or mixed gender most of the time, that's totally fine and just who you are and where your gender is fluid :slight_smile: