1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is getting a male organ a myth for FTM's?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yasha of XMETAS, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After a long week of frustration and just out right WTFkyery, got into another argument with my sister about my gender identity issues. Let me list them.

~I wasn't talking about this since I was a kid, and according to what she read, all of them have had this happen since they were kids. I'm 26 now so I don't have the right to say that this is how I feel or that it's legit. Like she understands how I feel.
    ~Never been into too many boys things, never really girly either,
    And a bunch of other shit I dont wanna deal with, but one of them that concerns me is that FTM's won't get a penis.

Now, I know that it enlarges the clit an such, but getting it is impossible she says. I do not believe this to be real, as I am sure there is a way. I am just unsure how. I'm concerned because while getting one is not on my priority list at the moment, I still want one really badly, because I am a man, and I want to feel like one physically too.

Other FTM's out there, is this too much to hope for? Or are my fears and my sister's ideas of what transgender people go through a complete crock? :help: :help: :icon_sad:

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is surgery, but from what I understand many aren't happy with the typical results....I will admit, us ladies have the advantage in the SRS department. It is possible though, don't worry.

And your sister doesn't know what she's talking about. Not all trans people show signs early in life, for various reasons.

3. SystemGlitch

Phalloplasty is the "make a penis" surgery for trans people. In no way is it a myth that trans men can get a penis similar to your average male. HRT won't cause you to magically grow a standard male phallus, but SRS can give you a functional penis that you can pee out of, that has sensation (for most guys erotic sensation is included), and depending on the surgeon/what you choose to get may also include an internal erectile device that allows you to simulate an erection (the most common are a maleable rod in the shaft or a pump in the testicles that can be squeezed to harden the shaft). Metoidioplasty is a different surgery that is sometimes done, but rather than seeking to emulate the appearance of a male phallus it focuses on extending the natal phallus (the clitorus), usually to a length of 2-4 inches I believe; it's possible to pee out of and can generally become erect, though it would be difficult to actually penetrate with.

There are a lot of misconceptions floating around about how phalloplasty and metoidioplasty work and what the results are like; I'd recommend looking at gendercube's blog on Tumblr, he recently had phalloplasty and makes regular updates about it and his transition as a whole. FTM Advice/Information The results may not be satisfactory for everyone, and there are certainly some ways in which it could be improved, but that doesn't stop it from being a reliable option or something that could be suited for you. :slight_smile:

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting a proper dick is easier said than done. And that's probably the strangest sentence I've ever said.

But no, it is not impossible. There are a wide variety of downstairs surgeries possible for trans-men, two of the most popular being metoidoplasty and phalloplasty. These are very difficult surgeries and doctors haven't gotten it down to perfection yet, so there is often high risk and expense at this time. Though, many men who have gotten these surgeries are pleased with the results. Usually the route with phallo is getting a skin graft from another part of the body (e.g. forearm) to form the phallus, and possibly getting testicular implants and the like.

I would encourage you to do some more research on those surgeries if you wanted to get more information. Also, there are some YouTube videos where trans-guys go over their experiences with bottom surgery.

Not every trans-man wants bottom surgery though, and that does not make you any less of a man. I know that personally I want it done, but it is going to probably be a long time until that happens.

#4 Kodo, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

@Kodo: I can't understand why someone would choose not to be 100% physically male downstairs other than waiting for surgery to be safer and having better results. I'm already worring about my transition whether my dick would be too small Could anybody explain why?

6. AaronV

Every transguy is different, that's why. Reasons may vary from person to person. It is entirely possible to be FTM and experience very little bottom dysphoria.

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Different people have different needs dysphoria-wise. Having something that looks and feels very similar to a natural one would be hugely relieving for me, personally. I could use urinals, and just feeling the weight sounds really great to me.
    ----
    @OP, I'd recommend you watch this video and this video for good information about FTM bottom surgery.

Also if it's a "real" male organ shouldn't matter to your sister, it's just about what will make you feel good.

#7 baconpox, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  8. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankyou everyone :slight_smile: After I made this post I googled it immediatly, and saw some videos where it is indeed possible. Like many other surgeries there are the risks, but it seems like it could be worth it. Whether or not I will get it down the road I'm not sure, I do want one to feel and for intimacy. But I think by the time I actually can, there might be some breakthroughs and it might become safer.
    Either way, I'm glad to know that this is an option at the very least. And my sister is full of it. Not that I needed conformation on this, I pretty much know she has no clue about what I'm going through or how the LGBT community actually works.

My friend is a pansexual, and she has a problem with her. "You know that pansexual is just a fancy word for Bi right?" Her words not mine. I just....I'm done trying with her, its clear she's not going to understand or even try to care. While she supports me in some ways, she's still thinking that this is all a phase to me since I didn't show early signs as a child, or chose to live gender neutral for the most part for the rest of it.

Well she's my problem not yours, and I'm glad that I have your input and a second oppinion :slight_smile: Thankyou guys :slight_smile: