1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my mother knows...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kal, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Kal

Kal

Out Status:
    A few people
    According to my brother, my mum has twigged. I mentioned once or twice that there's something I wanted to chat to her about and she's figured it out. Guess it's a good thing that the sting is taken out of it for when I formally tell her. But a bad thing that I don't know her reaction.

We've been having a tense time lately because I don't think much of her fiancé. He's not really that interested in family or occasions; which drives mum even further to a point where she doesn't make much of an effort for that stuff. I don't like his influence and I don't like where my family is headed. But, I accept her decision and they're buying a house together so there's fuck all to be done. She's happy with him and she won't be alone for the rest of her life so that's a good thing. Anyway, she's a fan of the dramatic and a bit selfish as she's got older. So when it comes to talking about me or getting just me attention, it's few and far between. The conversation hasn't happened because there's always someone else to talk about or someone else's problems going on. For the first time in years, she actually asked about my job rather than me shoe horning it in.

There's some animosity there for me, because she called me an attention seeker the other week. Which kinda upset me and took me by surprise because I keep myself to myself and never ask for attention...ever. I'm best on my own and I manage quite well. It pisses me off that I am so misunderstood by my blood. So coming out to my mum is a formality to me.