1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Began to think I am trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ShaeShay, Oct 29, 2016.

1. ShaeShay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow! It's been quite a while since I last came to this site. I found this book written by a gender therapist in Colorado. It's titled "You and Your Gender Identity: A Guide to Discovery." I began to realize that I am trans. Actually, I already thought I have been trans before I even started reading the book. I just doubted myself because my dad thinks this is a phase. For months, I felt like a fake (hiding my true self) whenever I am around my friends. Not so long ago - about sometime last week - I came out to one of my friends. I was shaky nervous and feeling nauseous, but then I felt a huge relief. He was cool with it. He said he would support me 100%, and he agreed to keep this between us until I'm ready to come out to my other friends.

2. Smores

I'm happy to hear you've found your gender identity and were able to come out to a friend!