1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it real?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by opposites, Oct 30, 2016.

1. opposites

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am a 14 year old biological female who, for the past 10 months, has come to the conclusion that they want to be a boy. But the problem is, is that I don't know if what I feel is what it is like to be actually trans. I don't know if it is real enough to ask my parents for boy's clothes and a binder. I know that my mother will want me to explain because she doesn't quite understand what it is like to be transgender, and I don't know if I can do that. I don't want to mislead her.

I have always been what you could consider to be a tomboy. When I was little, I would always play the boy in roleplay games (I actually can't recall a time when I didn't). I had almost all boy toys, and was happiest when my Star Wars sheets were on my bed. I gave up my girl bike to get one that had yellow and red flames without a second thought. It was my favorite. But this toned down when I asked my friend if we could go upstairs when her family came home, and she responded with, "Why? Because then you can take off your shirt like a boy? No." in a very judgmental tone (the true reason was because I didn't feel comfortable around her family yet, but when I told her this she didn't believe me). Since then and up until the end of 7th grade, I never wore feminine clothes unless I was forced to. But recently, I have been dressing myself up more due to being in denial.

But even with all those clues for me being trans, there's still this doubt. Ever since I went through this very long episode of depression, I have associated pure happiness with inspiration for writing, and lately with the feeling of masculinity. I'll watch boys with this crush-like want because I want to be them. I was once accidentally called my father's son, and I was freaking out over it for the next few days. It felt wonderful.

But I can't figure out if this is just me clinging onto something that makes me happy, if this is something that I really want because of what it really is. Like, I really want the flat chest and bulge and pronouns and everything. But do I try for it now when I'm just getting out of denial?

2. BlueAvalanche

Yeah, I can relate, your'e younger than me and have been questioning for a longer period of time though!! I consider myself a trans boy when typing at this exact moment, but it fluctuates. I can't really give advice, because i'm just as clueless, but you arent alone!!