1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does dysphoria mean to you?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BlueAvalanche, Oct 31, 2016.

1. BlueAvalanche

I'm trying to figure out what types of dysphoria I have, and to what degree, i'd like to hear some opinions from everyone here!!

I personally experience it both socially and physically, especially socially. I don't like being treated as a woman most of the time. When i'm around a group of girls I feel this difference from them. Not in terms of interests either, just in our mindsets. I don't fit in %100 with guys either, but I feel my mindset is much closer.

As for physical dysphoria, I want to be tall, with a skinny but somewhat toned body, a flat chest, and sometimes I think of stubble, but not always. I have no bottom dysphoria.

Any other experiences with dysphoric trans people would be appriciated!! :slight_smile:

2. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as physical, I wish I didn't have facial/chest hair at all, and that I had boobs. It often hurts that I don't have those things.

And as for social, I would much prefer to be seen, referred to, and treated as a woman. Especially by other women. I have a strong desire to fit in as "one of the girls" not just a guy who gets along with girls.

I don't like my genitals, but I COULD live with them if need be, as long as I have the above things and I present stealthily.

3. SystemGlitch

4. BlueAvalanche

5. Thirteenly

Thirteenly Guest

In my experience, I was able to recognize myself, but I felt like I didn't. I literally felt outside of my body and I didn't like what I saw, but I also felt neutral about the whole thing. This feeling has happened to me a few times. I've also had someone tell me that my feelings aren't dysphoria, which I take offense to because I was fucking freaking out about it at the time.