1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't really like my voice.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Thirteenly, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Thirteenly

Thirteenly Guest

I know this is, in general, probably a common thing for people. But I wish I had a more neutral sounding voice; I'm female and identify as female but am nonbinary, and lately I've been thinking about trying to change my voice. I've been looking up things about how to change your voice (videos on youtube) pre-transition, more aimed towards Transgender people, not that that's an issue.

My voice is really high/pitchy for a woman, which is, well.. societally speaking, the norm. But if I think about it too much, the fact that I want to sound huskier.. not full-on masculine, but just a bit deeper (I'm sorry if this is offensive? No offense to your voices?), I feel dysphoric, I get nervous and freaked out about it for some reason. It's just.. weird to me even though it's not. I'm still adjusting to a lot of things with myself.

2. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I managed to get something like a voice break with very unhealthy methods. I even lost my voice on occasion and the damage is permanent.

I achieved another great lowering with singing songs that require a low range. Probably try it that way.