1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When nobody is home..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spidey, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Spidey

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was the only one home tonight and I put on my mens clothes and put in a packet (socks). I felt so manly. I thought I looked amazing and felt amazing too.
    Given what my therapist told me. ( See my post "My therapist doesn't think I'm trans."). I was thinking I could just be a cross dresser. But I'm even more confused. I don't know if I'm trans or not.

2. killswitch0029

I'm not really too knowledgeable about transsexuality (if that's even a word) but I do know that cross dressing doesn't necessarily have anything to do with someone being trans. Cross dressing doesn't really indicate anything about a person's gender/sexuality, for some people it's just a kink.

I looked back at the thread you mentioned about your therapist.
    Looking at it from the possibility of you being trans: I don't think as a mental health therapist she has the necessary expertise or knowledge background to necessarily give you a gender diagnosis (I say diagnosis because I honestly don't know any other way to say so, sorry if it comes across as offensive)
    Looking at it from the possibility of you being a cross dresser: some of what she said does seem to be sound in that light.

I can't really say whether you're trans or just a cross dresser, but I wouldn't say that you should take what your therapist said as gospel. There's nothing wrong with thinking about and analyzing what she said as long as you don't excessively do so.

Sorry that my post is just some information I tossed at you, but finding out what you are is something you're gonna have to do for yourself. Getting information from others is fine, but at the end of the day how you feel and think about yourself should be a higher priority than anything anyone else says or thinks.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't use the clothes you feel comfortable and good in to determine whether or not you're trans. Theyre pretty unrelatable. The questions you need to be asking are "do I feel male?", "Do I want to be referred to with he/him pronouns?" and think about yourself in 5 years time, how do you want to be viewed etc.

#3 Aberrance, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me ask a simple question: is it the clothes or are you a guy even in a skirt? Why are you wearing those clothes? Because you want to look more manly and make a statement about who you are, or do you simply like the clothes? Do you wear them to relieve a sense of discomfort, some disconnect from your physical self, in order to see the reflection stare back at you (there is a song in the Mulan Disney movie that shows it pretty well)? Or do you like it like, say, Christmas tree or the brand new car or designer clothes?

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2016 at 02:24 AM ----------

I think The Transition Channel is pretty good at explaining that. You might want to take a look at the MtF section too, at the video about crossdressing.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok, so cross dressing is part of the Trans umbrella. as part and parcel to that, not every trans person transitions, or even partly. it isn't necessary to go on HRT or have surgery to be trans, I wonder how versed your doc is in trans issues or the gender continuum, a second opinion or referral might be useful.

one thing to keep in mind is that there is no right or wrong way to be trans just as there is no right or wrong way to be you.

6. Glowing Eyes

I have taken one of my mom's bras, stuffed it with one Pair of socks in each cup, and put it on twice before.

7. Rickystarr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Should post again About your feelings now. That was awhile ago. Your original post wasn't very detailed and your feelings may have changed. But from what I've seen, your therapist may be biased.

8. BrookeVL

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never actually cross dressed. I feel like a woman, and in my future I see myself as a such. Clothes are not a good indicator.

9. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Tbh I like to do that. Especially when I feel sorta terrible. Dunno why it feels nice but it does. I mean, I wear mens clothes all the time, I just mean I sometimes pack and really try and bask in masculinity and take the role for a second sometimes home alone. I still ID a woman because, it doesn't affect how I feel in every day life. I don't feel a distinct feeling that being female is not me and I should be male in my every day life, or even when I'm alone packing. It's slightly unrelated. So that could be you - or you could be trans if you think you're trans, that's up to what your actually feeling.

10. rokara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how you feel. When I cross dressed (before I got married) I felt so comfortable and feminine wearing a dress and some heels, I could see myself like that all the time. I even had silicone breast forms and a pocket bra to top it all off (No wig tho. I could never find a style that seemed "right" for me).

Only thing I can't relate to is the part about your therapist. Best thing I can say about that, is if you feel that your therapist isn't doing a good enough job helping you figure things out then it may be time to start finding another one.

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    here's an exercise my therapist did with me. what if; what if you had all the money you need, think lottery, or had a "magic wand" and could do anything to make your body match how you really feel you should be. what would u do, what would you change, how would u be?

for me it was all feminine, and she smiled and said no cis man would want to change himself to a woman........

what would it be for you?