1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In my heart not my head

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spidey, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Spidey

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've always been under the impression that your gender identity feelings are in your head. Mine are in my heart. I feel male in my heart. Its my mind that wants me to use be logical. My mind keeps telling me I'm not trans. It tells me to think it all through and I end up doubting myself. I can't picture myself in the future as a man. Its almost like my mind won't let me. But I feel male deep in my core.
    I've always thought gender identity was in your mind.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I tend to view gender identity as an extension of our soul. Something that is at the core of our being. In other words I feel the same way and thinking about it, it makes sense. You can't logically claim that you aren't the gender you were assignes at birth because all evidence points to you being that gender. You look in the mirror and see a reflection that says quite clearly that the assigned gender is correct and every word ever spoken to you strengthens that idea. However, our instincts tell us that something is deeply wromg and that's where the heart comes in, something is just off and we can't shake the feeling that despite everything pointing to the contrary, the world has it wrong and we aren't the gender assigned to us. So yes, ot is our heart that is important as the heart represents the inner instincts and invisible biology that guides our actions and life.

#2 Eveline, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably for all of us it is simply a gut feeling. Thoughts and step-by-step logic tend to just glide on the surface of thing, until you allow intuition to speak. Until you stop the rush and just listen to the whispers coming from all around you.

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it is kinda both. but our minds are programed to talk to us the way we've always been, sort of continuity. but if we look deep enough into ourselves, heart and mind we find who we are. this sounds easy but it's harder than we think, it took me some time, and I am used to introspectiveness and meditation.

if you feel male deep in your core, look hard at that, challenge it and see if you still feel the same, if so..... welcome brother. :icon_wink